Brake Piston Compression Tool

That might work. I use a big channel locks.

If the piston wants to go, it'll go. If it doesn't you have other problems. The exact right tool isn't important, you just don't want to chip the piston or cock it sideways.
This^^^^. Love the extra large channel locks! A specialty tool for all makes.

There's one of these vintage KD tools in my father's roll away. He never used it. I used it once. It takes a gorilla grip to turn the handle to get the pads to spread. There are better alternatives.

Untitled-29.jpg

Here's a pic of the rear caliper I have to work with . Part of the problem is : the brake line hooks up on the very rear of the caliper where the C- clamp goes. So essentially the contact area is on the Parking Brake Bolt (black) itself .

View attachment 176492
One of those universal kits works fine. Especially on a rear caliper that requires pushing and turning at the same time, as the universal kits have the adapters with pins that fit onto the piston

IMG_2040.jpeg

I've used the Irwin version of the clamp posted by the OP. Worked fine when everything was in good operating condition. The times it didn't work, the caliper/piston needed refurbishing or replacement.

YOU GUYS ARE GOING WAY OFF TOPIC
DONT JUST READ THE TITLE ...........ALSO READ THE QUESTION . TY

A small pry bar used prior to caliper removal helps. The cheapo screw compressor tool works just fine for the DIYer and won't break the bank.
Yeah, and a lot of times you can use the/A big "C Clamp" before removing the caliper!

Here's a pic of the rear caliper I have to work with . Part of the problem is : the brake line hooks up on the very rear of the caliper where the C- clamp goes. So essentially the contact area is on the Parking Brake Bolt (black) itself .

View attachment 176492
Probably "late to the party" but pretty sure you have to wind/screw that piston back in, not just push it in!

View attachment 176492
That caliper twists back in, it doesnt push straight back with a c-clamp or other similar tool. Need a tool like this https://www.harborfreight.com/disc-...21tXiwSg0Cc4KSfFxLrzjZT9x6P3WhoRoCkdwQAvD_BwE

Back