Come on man, where's the Amsoil
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge
Originally Posted by kstanf150
Wait till I send my pic of Amsoil being poured into my engine on Friday

The crowd will go WILD !!!!...œ

laugh.gif

And it's got to be an in-motion video, no still snapshots allowed!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge
Wait till I send my pic of Amsoil being poured into my engine on Friday

The crowd will go WILD !!!!...œ

laugh.gif

I got rained out yesterday ...©...©...©...©
🤞hoping for good weather today !!

I just bought Amsoil SS for my wife car
I'll run it probably 18 months or 9K miles for
$90 bucks
That's a deal win win for me !!ðŸ‘

18 months on oil huh?
Oh I see, it's Amsoil so this must be OK.

Does your wife, every time she gets in the car drive at least 20 or more miles?
If yes then non of it below applies. If not read on.

Because that's how long it usually takes for the oil to reach ideal operating temperature (212F+) at which point moisture and other contaminants start to boil off or evaporate.
In the winter months it takes even longer.

You spent $90 and doing questionable OCI which will probably be detrimental to your wife's car engine regardless of how high quality oil you put in if she doesn't drive under ideal operating conditions mentioned above.

I buy good quality oil at WM or Amazon (Edge, M1, PUP when it is on sale or rollback.

Few days ago at WM I got lucky to find 3 5QT bottles of high quality QS Ultimate Durability when it was on sale for $14 each. That's $2.80 per qt.

I change oil every 6 months regardless of mileage. That's 3 oil changes in 18 months for total of $42 in case of QS, compare to just one oil change in 18 months for $90 in your case.

And now ask yourself a question. Who's engine is going to benefit more and be in better shape and why?

In the end your win win deal might turnout to be loss loss and looks like it is.
That's the benefit of a long drain oil. What don't you get? His engine and yours will both last plenty long. Sheesh...

When it comes to selecting an oil, different people are driven by different factors. Oil cost is not a key factor for me. I find changing oil on my vehicles to be a messy chore, so my key drivers are extended drain capability, API certification, and a definitive claim by a major oil company that the oil has been tested and is suitable for long OCIs. As a result I use Mobil 1 Extended Performance which claims 15k miles or one year capability, and I change my oil once a year, usually no more than 10k miles. I don't trust boutique brands to have the kind of scientific and relevant data that ExxonMobil has to support its claims.

One year I let the M1 EP go to a 15,614 mile OCI and sent out a sample for analysis. The UOA was beautiful, viscosity still in spec, TBN of 2.2, and wear metal rates all well below Blackstone's Universal Averages.
I know it's an older thread Tom but I wouldn't hesitate to use say Amsoil SS without the certs, and be confident in getting a nice result being used in the exact conditions that you do. Cheers.

Back