Bought the wife Bimmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beemer is accepted as a correct term for a BMW automobile in Britain, but in the US Bimmer= BMW automobile
Beemer= BMW motorcycle
Beamer= Clear and convincing evidence that a person using that term has absolutely no useful knowledge about BMW vehicles

Originally Posted by MCompact
Beemer is accepted as a correct term for a BMW automobile in Britain, but in the US Bimmer= BMW automobile
Beemer= BMW motorcycle
Beamer= Clear and convincing evidence that a person using that term has absolutely no useful knowledge about BMW vehicles

This post is useless without an audio clip.
grin2.gif

Very nice car, enjoy it. I too have often wondered why so many of them are black. Benz same thing but BMW is king of black.

I find BMW's very attractive looking but am scared of them, no actual experience. The buys on lightly used ones make them tempting though.

Originally Posted by KCJeep
Very nice car, enjoy it. I too have often wondered why so many of them are black. Benz same thing but BMW is king of black.

I find BMW's very attractive looking but am scared of them, no actual experience. The buys on lightly used ones make them tempting though.

The vast majority of vehicles are leased and any model in flat black w/tan interior appeals to a wide swath of potential buyers. Alpine White, Grey and silver is are other common exterior colors. Ironically enough there is a huge palette of colors and interior materials available with BMW but the majority of buyers don't want to pay the upcharge or wait 3 months to have a vehicle built.

Beautiful vehicle. I agree with the maintenance items - in my limited experience, just checking the levels monthly and noticing any patterns out of routine will catch modest maintenance items before something lets go and warps a head (here's looking at you, plastic fitting).

-m

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
Originally Posted by 02SE
Originally Posted by AZjeff
Great looking car, hope it treats your wife well.
So is it Bimmer or Beemer? Always wondered.

Traditionally, Bimmer is for the cars. Beemer is for the motorcycles.

I always figured Beemer since it is a Bee eM doubleyou(W).
A friend of mine whose parents owned a bunch of BMWs and who owns an M5 now always called them Beemers.

Bimmer makes me think of a nasty thing to call a young lady, short for a term with -bo on the end.

Just telling it like it is.

Originally Posted by WTJackalope
Originally Posted by P10crew
Originally Posted by P10crew
OP how's the insurance premiums?

About 200 a month

Ooo ouch there is the buzz killer for me.
Those are cool cars for sure. I see those around here usually driven by hawt middle aged high maintenance

But that is a 1 million policy.... lower coverage would be lower price

My agent sold me a 1M PL umbrella; it covers action on property and buy all driven vehicles by you and family members
for most any of your misdeeds and harm - including slander.

$ 135 / year

- Ken

Last edited:
Beemer because German Propeller car drivers typically don't tip their Highs or use turn signaling.

j/k

My past usage over the last 40 years was Bimmer for motorcar and Beamer for Motorbike.

I would bet this varies regionally and colloquially.

And you have all been wrong for decades.

Pronounce it:

Bee Emm Vee

,Buy-a-Reesha Moe-'TORN-en 'Vurk-a,

My First Foreign car repair job - other than Beetle - was replacing a

hydraulic clutch Slave on a 2002.

Next was working on the Jetronic system on a type 3 Einspritzung VW.

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

How fast? Come on now..be honest.

150 advertised.... I got to 130 and had to back off. Still had more available. We will try again some day.

Cool car! Bet she loves it.

How close are y'all to some good, crooked mountain roads? I know there are some in the "Hill Country" around Austin. But I guess that's a long drive for you, being out in West Texas.

Would you have to drive over to New Mexico?

Originally Posted by john_pifer

How close are y'all to some good, crooked mountain roads? I know there are some in the "Hill Country" around Austin. But I guess that's a long drive for you, being out in West Texas.

We have some down in Big Bend, Alpine, Ft Davis, Marfa area. 2-4 hours away. Hill country west of Austin to SW of San Antonio is about 5 hours away. Roswell NM to Ruidoso NM is 4-6 hours away.

Originally Posted by john_pifer

We have some down in Big Bend, Alpine, Ft Davis, Marfa area. 2-4 hours away. Hill country west of Austin to SW of San Antonio is about 5 hours away. Roswell NM to Ruidoso NM is 4-6 hours away.

Nice.

Keep us updated on the car!

Originally Posted by dwcopple
If it's pronounced "Beemer" why is it spelled "Bimmer"??? Stuff like that annoys me to no end.

"Bimmer" is NOT pronounced "Beemer."
Bimmer= BMW automobile
Beemer= BMW motorcycle

Originally Posted by MCompact
Originally Posted by dwcopple
If it's pronounced "Beemer" why is it spelled "Bimmer"??? Stuff like that annoys me to no end.

"Bimmer" is NOT pronounced "Beemer."
Bimmer= BMW automobile
Beemer= BMW motorcycle

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back