Bought the wife Bimmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
The car looks like its in great shape and it looks a lot newer than what it really is. Congrats on the purchase. I am not brand loyal by any means and I think the BMW's are really nice cars.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by edyvw
Originally Posted by WTJackalope
Bought the wife a 2009 BMW 650i Convertible. 43k on the odometer. For whatever reason she has always wanted a convertible, so i found this unit at a reasonable price. Black with saddle tan interior.

There is a reason for that. N63 engine is absolute nightmare.
Check whether Customer Care Program (CCP) was done on that engine which involves replacement of valve stems. Check oil all the time. Expect leaks, expect leaking turbo lines etc.
I am not sure whether BMW NA still has that CCP for N63 owners.
Sorry to break bad news.

Bought the wife a 2009 BMW 650i Convertible. 43k on the odometer. For whatever reason she has always wanted a convertible, so i found this unit at a reasonable price. Black with saddle tan interior.

Check whether Customer Care Program (CCP) was done on that engine which involves replacement of valve stems. Check oil all the time. Expect leaks, expect leaking turbo lines etc.
Sorry to break bad news.

This unit is called model E64 with a N62B48 engine. Naturally aspirated. It has had the engine work and radiator work performed.

Thanks for your reply.

All of the maintenance has been performed at the dealer I purchased from since it had 12000 to 13000 miles. I was able to inspect those records prior to purchase.

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Great looking car, hope it treats your wife well.

So is it Bimmer or Beemer? Always wondered.

Traditionally, Bimmer is for the cars. Beemer is for the motorcycles.

Beautiful car. I do like the saddle leather interiors.

Gotta keep the wife happy.

Originally Posted by Leo99
Beautiful car. I do like the saddle leather interiors.

Gotta keep the wife happy.

ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Originally Posted by P10crew
OP how's the insurance premiums?

About 200 a month

Ooo ouch there is the buzz killer for me.
Those are cool cars for sure. I see those around here usually driven by hawt middle aged high maintenance

About 200 a month

Those are cool cars for sure. I see those around here usually driven by hawt middle aged high maintenance

But that is a 1 million policy.... lower coverage would be lower price

About 200 a month

Got it!

About 200 a month

200 a month for this one car, or for your others too?

Sorry to break bad news.

Sorry to break bad news.

This unit is called model E64 with a N62B48 engine. Naturally aspirated. It has had the engine work and radiator work performed.

Thanks for your reply.

All of the maintenance has been performed at the dealer I purchased from since it had 12000 to 13000 miles. I was able to inspect those records prior to purchase.

You are right, N62. Still, get ready for valve stems, alternator bracket and gasket near it, and usual, valve cover gasket.

Originally Posted by 02SE
Originally Posted by AZjeff
Great looking car, hope it treats your wife well.
So is it Bimmer or Beemer? Always wondered.

Traditionally, Bimmer is for the cars. Beemer is for the motorcycles.

I always figured Beemer since it is a Bee eM doubleyou(W).
A friend of mine whose parents owned a bunch of BMWs and who owns an M5 now always called them Beemers.

Bimmer makes me think of a nasty thing to call a young lady, short for a term with -bo on the end.

Congrats ! I have a print of a silver one on the wall. IMO the interior of that 6-series is possibly the best of all Bangle-era vehicles. That car is just begging for a high speed road trip to the Grand Canyon.

German vehicles seem to have a way of punishing you for missing maintenance. They also have additional maintenance needs. They have fanatical owners with solutions to most problems. Join the BMW club, find a good forum, discover what to do. The driving experience is like no other.

Rod

N62s are pretty decent. There are 2 big jobs to mentally prepare yourself for in the coolant transfer pipe and the alternator bracket gasket. 5 N62 powered X5s in the family, none of them have needed valve stem seals yet (knock on wood). Gotta admit, the Bangle- era 6 looks pretty good now; it's taken a while to grow on me. With that low of mileage, you should be able to enjoy some trouble-free motoring for a while.

Awesome !!

Isn't it cool how the German luxury brands never really look "old" or "out of style"? Classic design mindset among the companies and resistance to trendy fads. Nice car !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back