Boston cop is injured after chaotically hurtling down children's slide

They say this slide was made for 2-12 year olds. Imagine putting a 2 year on this thing, it is like firing them out of a cannon. LOL

That is why it says 2-12. They would be much slower, with no banging around. It is steeper than usual, but I have seen steeper made for kids.

My 9 yo son came to me last Friday. He was doing the water slide at the Y. A lifeguard told him to take his rash guard off.

I googled and it seems they are banned at some water parks. Because they can add friction, as the cop’s vest and other gear likely did.

I guess I can't see from that angle how that slide can generate so much velocity. It doesn't seem that long or that steep.

I don't know the whole story, but if he was on duty and just messing around that is pretty dumb. If he was making friends with some kids at the local school then fine. One of my schools growing up was near the police station, often the officers would just swing by the school to check on us. I'm sure it had a positive effect on our view of law enforcement from a young age since we saw them often.

I agree with jeepman. He was likely trying to build a positive relationship with the neighborhood kids. These things happen. Especially when punk criminals pour a gallon of Meguiar's ultimate liquid wax on the slide and buff it off right before he gets there.
I usually am not a person loyal to brands, but I started using Meguiar's in 1998 and stuck with them. That slide should have been cleaned with blue Dawn first, before the Meguiar's, but thugs rarely take the time to do things right

Back