Boeing 737 Max take-off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Cujet
Originally Posted By: Astro14
The 737 is still a dog in the airplane world. Even the Max.

From a passenger point of view, the A320 is a little wider (by about 7 inches) and therefore considerably more comfortable feeling, regardless of what Boeing says.

3gLZiB3.jpg

The single aisle Airbus does offer a little wider aisle than does the 737, but most of the rest of this additional width, which Airbus has touted for decades, is wasted between the fuselage walls and the outermost seats.
In the Airbus, as with the Boeing, a middle seat remains a middle seat and will never be very comfortable in these days of mostly full flights.

Same in the front 2-2 either one … actually like the Embraer that has a single row window …

Originally Posted By: fdcg27

In the Airbus, as with the Boeing, a middle seat remains a middle seat and will never be very comfortable in these days of mostly full flights.

Off topic a bit, but I nearly always choose the middle seat. I enjoy talking to people (without being a pain) and the middle seat maximizes the opportunity to chat. I've met some of the most interesting people this way. From holocaust survivors to fashion designers, priests and belly-dancers, computer geeks and everywhere in between. For people like me, the middle seat is positive thing, even with the potential lack of comfort.

I'm 5'10" and 190-200 pounds, so not too big for the middle on Jet Blue.

Not every flight is a good one, but often enough, I meet someone interesting and that makes it quite worthwhile. And before you ask or imply, I am never a pest. It's clear when people want to be left alone. I find that often people adjacent to the middle seat are travelling alone and bored.

And I do find that the Airbus's additional width to be a net positive.

Last edited:
I can't hear enough to carry a conversation on most flights, so I like window seats and let my wife talk to whoever she's sitting next to. Grab a Clive Cussler book at the airport and turn my brain off (along with some vodka or bourbon) and I'm good to go. I'm 6 ft 1 inch, 250, so I don't fit worth a hoot in ANY blue vinyl seat.

Originally Posted By: Cujet
Originally Posted By: fdcg27

Off topic a bit, but I nearly always choose the middle seat. I enjoy talking to people (without being a pain) and the middle seat maximizes the opportunity to chat. I've met some of the most interesting people this way. From holocaust survivors to fashion designers, priests and belly-dancers, computer geeks and everywhere in between. For people like me, the middle seat is positive thing, even with the potential lack of comfort.

I'm 5'10" and 190-200 pounds, so not too big for the middle on Jet Blue.

Not every flight is a good one, but often enough, I meet someone interesting and that makes it quite worthwhile. And before you ask or imply, I am never a pest. It's clear when people want to be left alone. I find that often people adjacent to the middle seat are travelling alone and bored.

And I do find that the Airbus's additional width to be a net positive.

You do often run across interesting people when traveling. If you're really lucky, you might have a deadheading or commuting pilot sitting next to you.
I still prefer not to feel cramped, which is inevitable in the six abreast configuration.
The best seats going these days in coach are the outer pairs on a widebody.
I do like a window seat, since the view is always interesting. In flight, you'll see other airliners and if you look down, you'll see lots of little GA aircraft. It's also amazing how many GA airports you overfly. They're easy to spot and they're everywhere.
Over water, you see ships and boats of all sizes, often betrayed only by their wake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back