Boeing 737 Max take-off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 4WD
Even your favorite the A340 !

The A340 may be the most comfortable airliner ever built and it is very quiet as compared to the B747 and B777.
It was never noted for speed nor for great takeoff performance.
The same that I wrote above applies, though.
Take this long range aircraft with no pax/baggage/cargo load and an around the patch load of fuel and turn all four hairdryers up to their maximum output and even the A340 will look pretty impressive in takeoff roll and rate of climb.

All I kept thinking watching this is when that Air Force pilot crashed that B-52 way back in I think it was 1994 in Washington State. His call sign was CZAR52 maybe someone here can post the YouTube vid. I guess that big aircraft going vertical like that just made me think of that incident.

They can do crazy takeoffs with no passengers and minimum fuel!

Typically, MAX fuel load adds 40% to takeoff weight to any jet!

At near empty weight it handles like a hot rod!!

Very cool. I have always had a fascination for aircraft. We will be flying on a couple of 757's and a320's on our upcoming Hawaiian honeymoon.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
(the extra set of winglets and the scalloped trailing edge of the turbine housing)

Those are called "chevrons" and reduce the noise figure of the exhaust stream.

The group I was in developed those for all of the next generation Boeing aircraft.

No matter if it's empty or full.....seeing a steep climb off the runway is impressive to me. Anytime I witness these large commercial aircraft I can't help but think how incredible flight is.

A C5A max fuel load is more than the acft weighs empty.

Originally Posted By: i_hate_autofraud

They can do crazy takeoffs with no passengers and minimum fuel!

Typically, MAX fuel load adds 40% to takeoff weight to any jet!

At near empty weight it handles like a hot rod!!

Think mainly fighter jets can do that ~ F15 being one of the first (thrust vs take off weight) …

Originally Posted By: 4WD
A nice shot of the subject nacelle

Yes excellent shot.

Each of those nacelles are designed and developed by the airframe manf.

Seem to be on all new/NEO models so far …
Caught another B787 the other day … just love looking at the lines …

And on deck we have:

Boeing has done a really good job in developing this more than two decade old design, but then look at how far they've brought the 737.
OTOH, how much of the original bones remain in these aircraft?
You could also say the same of Airbus and the A320 and its variants as well as the A330.
Yeah, there is the 747-8 and the 787 as well as the A380 and the A350 but at some point both of these guys are going to need to do a clean sheet narrow body, since these aircraft pay the rent with the vast numbers in which they're built.
Question is whether there'd be any advantage for the first mover.

For sure … NEO has carried many unit sales for now … and the market is still there for Embraer and the CRJ’s … they now fly far enough to pick up or establish a leaner route …

I’m a bit anti international hub (so not an A380 fan) ~ but the current mix of aircraft gives travelers previously unheard of options …

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Originally Posted By: Reddy45
(the extra set of winglets and the scalloped trailing edge of the turbine housing)

Those are called "chevrons" and reduce the noise figure of the exhaust stream.

The group I was in developed those for all of the next generation Boeing aircraft.

That is very cool. I imagine the shape of the chevrons are very precise and done with computer modeling?

But they look so simple! It's like...why didn't someone back in the 80s think to do that?

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Very cool. I have always had a fascination for aircraft. We will be flying on a couple of 757's and a320's on our upcoming Hawaiian honeymoon.

Bring some noise canceling headphones or earplugs for the 757 legs. You will be thankful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back