BMW LONGLIFE-12 FE Comparison Article

Looks to be a good write-up of a desk study of 0W30 current BMW lubes

What a well explained and thorough writeup. Thanks for sharing.

Interestingly, 0W-30 is becoming increasingly hard to find. In hopes of slowing down the burn rate, I have wanted to start substituting the 0W-20, that Subaru specs for my 2.5 liter '13 Outback, with 0W-30. But I can no longer find it at my local Walmart stores. The local Autozone and O'Reilly stores don't carry it either.

After reviewing the data in the report, M1 AFE seems to consistently excel more than any other product tested. It was surprising how many products that are marketed as being superior oils really didn't fare well in many of the tests. The data left me less than impressed with the Total offering, and I was disappointed in how the Castrol offering performed. Even the BMW oil didn't shine like I thought it should.

I just did an Amazon search and found plenty of choices for 0w-30. Perhaps I'll order a jug and see how if it makes much difference in oil consumption.

Looks to be a good write-up of a desk study of 0W30 current BMW lubes

I have an issue comparing C2 oils with oils that are both C2 and C3.
Also, some HTHS values of C2 oils (not those duel C2 and C3) make me wonder whether CAFE has administrative value over HTHS? Bcs. some values are so close to 3.5 that there is actually no point in getting C2 oils over C3.

Back