New Mobil 1 C40 GT 0W-40

1711200409503.jpg

1711200447545.jpg

Edit, buster's quicker . . . .

Here is there analysis from the new c40 gt Engine oil. I think it will be near the same Like esp x3 0W40.

Thanks. It's green (and Zirconium) just like any VW 508 00/Porsche C20 . . .

index.php

index.php

Interesting, thanks for posting.

Can someone help me understand why Mobil 1 makes so many 0w40 oils, especially when 4 appear to be very similiar:
Supercar 0w40
ESP X3 0w40
ESP X4 0w40
C40 GT

Why so many? True differences for specification approvals or you badge it 4 ways, larger market?

Can someone help me understand why Mobil 1 makes so many 0w40 oils, especially when 4 appear to be very similiar:
Supercar 0w40
ESP X3 0w40
ESP X4 0w40
C40 GT

Why so many? True differences for specification approvals or you badge it 4 ways, larger market?

Different approvals, different markets. I doubt the 'protection' vital differing . . .
M1 ESP X4 is simply ESP X3's successor. These are all great 0W-40 offerings, but
some 5W-30 are still superior in (lower) Noack values just because using less VII.

For me, it's just a demarkation. I can't imagine that the advantages of the C40 GT are so great that the normal C40 is "bad". Maybe it's just to equip all Porsche teams with identical resources and earn money on the side.

Ive read on rennlist it also had to do with the cam followers on gt engines or something to that extent
I did a search and it seems there is also speculation that this is due to the about-to-happen change to ESP X4, which may not meet some criteria that Porsche wants for the GT motors that X3 currently satisfies. It does seem the ESP X3 and C40 GT are extremely similar based on specs and the VOA / FTIR. We’ll have to see what the X4 looks like when it hits.

I did a search and it seems there is also speculation that this is due to the about-to-happen change to ESP X4, which may not meet some criteria that Porsche wants for the GT motors that X3 currently satisfies. It does seem the ESP X3 and C40 GT are extremely similar based on specs and the VOA / FTIR. We’ll have to see what the X4 looks like when it hits.
Im wondering if esp x4 will keep POE or not. The PAO is increased per the msds

Ive read on rennlist it also had to do with the cam followers on gt engines or something to that extent
Hard to say, there is speculation to that regard, but no one knows for sure. The oil analyis posted here doesn't really point much to that direction. Mobil 1 5W50 Supercar was derived to combat similiar issues in LT6 in the 2023 Corvette Z06, but in this case on paper in the VOA they increased viscocity, ZDDP, and Moly. This Porsche C40 GT oil doesn't appear much different at all from the Mobil 1 ESP X3. High HTHS and high wear additives in boundry conditions (low speed, high load) are directionally correct, but niether changed with C40 GT.

I really like Mobil 1 5W50 Supercar in the VOA, but I am not an expert.

It's almost like they are going to keep the GT cars on ESP X3 (with a slight improvement), and moved everything else to a lighter oil.

I'd give this C40 GT oil a go, if they made it in 5W50. Doubt they ever will.

Back