Blenders - question for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time I did it I went 50/50, which I believe is a lot more syn than you're going to get in most over the counter blends. It worked well, I used a Mobil 1/Mobil Super 50/50 blend...I believe the Super has a bit of low grade synthetic in it anyway so it was probably over 50% total.

That same vehice currently has Rotella T5 with a top off of Platinum in it, I guess that would be a blend also, not as high of ratio as before though, mostly because the T5 is had in a jug and I don't like to use partial jugs.

Blend away!

I run 3 qt's of M1 5/30 and 3 qt's of M1 10/40 motorcycle oil(for more zinc and phosphorus, the anti-wear function in the motor oil)in my car that has a 8200 rpm red line.

ROD

In a five quart system 4 to 1, or 20 percent syn. Worked out cheaper than buying five quarts of that brand's syn blend oil with a somewhat higher blend percentage to to boot. I used oils from the same manufacturer that had similar additive packages.

I use three qts Motorcraft Synthetic Blend bulk and two quarts Motorcraft full synthetic. Guessing that the Syn blend is 20% synthetic. Based on that, I figure I am getting about a 50% synthetic oil for about $20, based on what I pay for oil.

Originally Posted By: Jim Allen
In a five quart system 4 to 1, or 20 percent syn. Worked out cheaper than buying five quarts of that brand's syn blend oil with a somewhat higher blend percentage to to boot. I used oils from the same manufacturer that had similar additive packages.

You could do that and use an extra quart of the syn for top-up over the course of the OCI.
thumbsup2.gif

+1!
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back