Best toilet for my new house?

4 Toto toilets in my house since 1999
Only one needed a $9 rebuild kit and another a flapper. That's it plus compare $ to $.
Toto makes a $7000. Bidet and toilet combo..
However the basic is very affordable

I have used and sold/installed/serviced every brand mentioned here except for the european ones. Each one has it's pros and cons. There is no perfect one. Based on my experience I would rate as follows:

1. Kohler Any comfort height model.
2. ToTo distant second
3. American Standard but not their bottom of the line
4. Gerber (Avalanche in particular)

I rate them on their ability to not clog, cleanliness of the first flush, mechanical integrity, ability of the porcelain glaze to stay clean and ease of flushing operation such as how much pressure is required on the handle. Some people with arthritis in their fingers have a hard time pushing on the handle.

I have also had all of these toilets in my home and shop. The only ones that have never clogged are the Kohlers.

And Jim I do not know the gauge of any of these. However certain American Standard ones are back breakers.
I didn't think so Waltage
Cut Off.... 😁

Last edited:
I have installed the 7K toilet. I think it was 5K back then. I don't know what that toilet does but it was for a single woman.

1000002823.jpg

We've had high Toto's for a decade. Fantastic.

My wife would clog it a couple times a year. I COULD NOT UNDERSTAND THIS!

Found out she was only using the PEE FLUSH! No clogs since!

I might add that my recommendations for a toilet are based on current generation toilets that are say no more than 12 years old. A lot has changed since the 90's

Digested food and urine go in, and they don't discriminate. I've replaced a few toilets in my day, I've used countless others. I've never used one that the feces and urine filed a complaint about. I've never had one spontaneously explode or fall apart. One I replaced because the bowl had a crack. Didn't leak. Several I replaced because they were made in like 1974 and just looked way out of place. None of them refused to flush what I let out.

Get the one down at Ye Olde House Supplies store that you most like the looks of. Uranus nor Urtinkler will care about the brand. Almost toilets have replaceable guts, it ain't rocket science.

Back