Best toilet for my new house?

What brands are best? I want a really high quality one. I have been looking at Kohler Eir and Innate toilets. I want a really nice one as this is the one place I have to myself.

Get a Kohler of your choice. Best brand out there. Their glazing is very tight and stays a lot cleaner than others.

Also very reliable and parts are ez to get should you ever need them.

Without regard to brand (which is important) the most surprising thing I have learned is that some have fully glazed throats to reduce friction / improve efficiency. Some are not glazed and are less efficient.
Who knew?

And, obviously, repair part availability is crucial.

I recently did 3 bathrooms and my golden rule was not made in China. In the UK market a lot of bathroom stuff is Chinese these days and it's mostly rubbish. For toilets I bought RAK Ceramics

How about a Dagobert?

a_ignore_q_80_w_1000_c_limit_4.jpg

If you are looking for a step above the Toto, Kohler, American Standard and such, look at Gerber. They are just a little nicer, and will look good in your bathroom.

I have used and sold/installed/serviced every brand mentioned here except for the european ones. Each one has it's pros and cons. There is no perfect one. Based on my experience I would rate as follows:

1. Kohler Any comfort height model.
2. ToTo distant second
3. American Standard but not their bottom of the line
4. Gerber (Avalanche in particular)

I rate them on their ability to not clog, cleanliness of the first flush, mechanical integrity, ability of the porcelain glaze to stay clean and ease of flushing operation such as how much pressure is required on the handle. Some people with arthritis in their fingers have a hard time pushing on the handle.

I have also had all of these toilets in my home and shop. The only ones that have never clogged are the Kohlers.

And Jim I do not know the gauge of any of these. However certain American Standard ones are back breakers.

Back