Best bang for your buck oil at Wal-Mart

for a reasonable cost good oil at wallmart,,check quaker state ultimate protection, or havoline pro-ds,,if in stock

Some people think there experts and they no nothing
realistically, when it comes to purchasing off the shelf consumer products like motor oil, no need for expert status.. if the vehiclemanual says use 2w 95 that meets the 710o!L certification, thats what you buy.It isn't difficult at all.

He’s ligit he shows the UOAs and the VOAs he’s not a fanboy of mobile he use’s Penzoil and other oils outside of Valvoline. Take it with a mindset of it good information.
Using UOA and VOA to determine what oil is the best is like...
Trying to determine the taste of food with a picture.

Using UOA and VOA to determine what oil is the best is like...
Trying to determine the taste of food with a picture.
Using a VOA is like looking at the ingredients of food to determine if you want it in you. I personally would like to know what’s in my oil before I use it.

Titan - The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people with limited competence in a particular domain overestimate their abilities. A very common human malady.

AKA - “beer muscles”

I'm a big fan of the Valvoline max life 12 qt box for like 40 bucks for my older rigs. Supertech high mileage for my 0w20 needs.

Using a VOA is like looking at the ingredients of food to determine if you want it in you. I personally would like to know what’s in my oil before I use it.
Not really, you are not looking at ingredients. You're only looking at decomposed compounds and that makes a difference for some additives. Plus an ICP only tests for metallic and some metalloid elements so you do not see anything that isn't metal-based. In addition you have no idea of what the base stock composition happens to be which can be a significant contributor to the performance of the oil.

Much like smashing a vase into powder, you can tell it was made of glass but you have no clue what it looked like. One should not use a simple spectrographic analysis to predict future performance. No blender nor manufacturer, nor any standardized test for performance does that.

Last edited:
Back