Best auto maker for driver aids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: user52165

Helen Keller? - now that was eloquent.

You may want to rethink that one. Suggest you learn how she overcame adversity and became an inspiratation to millions, not using her in such a degrading fashion.

Ask and ye shall receive...

$60k would get you a lot of Taxis
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: ATex7239
Just do like the past generations and buy the biggest sedan you can find.

The rest will work itself out
whistle.gif

My grandma passed away at 89, and she drove big Buicks for most of her life. While they were safe, as she aged it became much harder for her to navigate and park them, simply because they were too hard for her to see out of. The parking sensor stuff was also hard for her to understand and use, and even with those the car was still a big boat.

Her last car before she stopped driving was a small Toyota, and it was perfect for her. She could see all around it and park easily. With fewer blind spots it definitely helped her driving more than any electronic system could. My grandma was also very proud and refused to let some system tell her what to do, so there was also that.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
Originally Posted By: ATex7239
Just do like the past generations and buy the biggest sedan you can find.

The rest will work itself out
whistle.gif

My grandma passed away at 89, and she drove big Buicks for most of her life. While they were safe, as she aged it became much harder for her to navigate and park them, simply because they were too hard for her to see out of. The parking sensor stuff was also hard for her to understand and use, and even with those the car was still a big boat.

Her last car before she stopped driving was a small Toyota, and it was perfect for her. She could see all around it and park easily. With fewer blind spots it definitely helped her driving more than any electronic system could. My grandma was also very proud and refused to let some system tell her what to do, so there was also that.

Good call! and good point!

An elderly neighbor just scratched all his driver side on a really nice 4-door Genesis onto a parked on the street new hyundai accent because one guy just passed by him at the same time. broke his mirror too. He said "he pushed me"... Nope not true
It think this would have been different if he choose a car with better visibility...

Originally Posted By: MCompact
I'm 60 and the only driver aids I actually find useful are the front/rear parking sensors. There aren't any blind spots in any of my current cars because their mirrors are properly adjusted. I can easily do without the rest of the Helen Keller "Driver Assistance" features.

11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back