Battle of the $6.50 oil filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess I must be one of the lucky ones when it comes to the aforementioned Napa Gold sale. That said, other members that have reported similar NG sales on bitog are BHopkins with display Utah location and KCJeep, to name a couple.

The Flowers Family/Company franchised Napa Stores in NC and Va have had the NG sale previously too, though this fall they chose not to have it.

Merkava_4 said:
full-23702-15204-ng7356_blk_003.jpg

Sayjac - that really does look like a Fram Ultra. Are you sure that's a NAPA Gold ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
Merkava_4 said:
full-23702-15204-ng7356_blk_003.jpg

Sayjac - that really does look like a Fram Ultra. Are you sure that's a NAPA Gold ?

Look at the ripples in the media just to the right of the center. It's a Gold.

Quote:
.... It's a Gold.

Yes, of course it is. Media aside, compare the base endcap to that of an Ultra and anyone all at familiar with the two can see the differences. Then there's the unique Wix thread end bypass, visible on the right side of the one pic posted. No FU uses thread end bypass, let alone a Wix designed one. The rest of the NG7356 dissection was also provided in the first post, but for the sake of convenience provided again HERE. Another very obvious detail in the link, there's no dome endcap center tube opening with bypass because this 7356 uses Wix thread end bypass. The application equivalent XG7317 uses Fram poppet type dome bypass.

So at this point, either one knows little about Wix OF construction vs FU or likes to troll the topic, or both. Without getting specific, reading the comments I reached my conclusion on those choices.

I stocked up on FRAM ToughGuard TG7317 at Walmart when they had a clearance- $1.50 each. I grabbed four and currently have one in my Odyssey. Come to think of it, I also have a TG4967 in my Camry. So far, so good. When those run out I'll probably switch to FRAM Ultras for the Odyssey. Not sure what I'll use next for the Camry.

Originally Posted By: EricBeau
I stocked up on FRAM ToughGuard TG7317 at Walmart when they had a clearance- $1.50 each. I grabbed four and currently have one in my Odyssey. Come to think of it, I also have a TG4967 in my Camry. So far, so good. When those run out I'll probably switch to FRAM Ultras for the Odyssey. Not sure what I'll use next for the Camry.

Might I suggest the FU XG4386 for the Odyssey and the Camry. It's the longer version of the XG4967.
thumbsup2.gif
34.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted By: EricBeau

Might I suggest the FU XG4386 for the Odyssey and the Camry. It's the longer version of the XG4967.

thumbsup2.gif
34.gif

Blue: odyssey doesn't use 4386 filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back