Based on this oil jug (bottle?) shape, is it possible to guess what companies' oil might be inside?

I'll spare the details as this is mostly out of curiosity and not looking for oil feedback or advice (yet) and I know each oil company makes a huge range of oil and oil qualities. Having said that, does anyone know who makes these bottles/jugs? XOM?
Capture.PNG
51L_GM_Dexos2_ml.jpg

34-8601_xl_1.jpg
34-840_xl_1.jpg
5w-30-4-litre-main-web-2.jpg

Unless there was a supplier change, Toyota oil is made by Exxon Mobil and GM and Exxon Mobil just recently renewed their contract

The Biltema bottles are from a different mold. The arch of the handle and the hunchback on the quart bottle is higher.

Who makes the containers? Don't know, but it's very unlikely to be XOM, as they don't make containers AFAIK.
Trying to figure out who might supply the oil within the bottles, and suspect the shape of the bottle might be a valid clue. It is a rare bottle shape and 3 of the 4 companies I could find (Toyota, Honda, and GM) are reported to have contracts with XOM.

It’s possible their normal supplier had issues and you happened to find some oils where the oil companies bought whatever they could get their hands on. Not everyone uses jug shape as mfr differentiation.
Other than getting lucky and being able to twin sds sheets, do you have any suggestions how one might narrow down the possible oil suppliers to the red bottle above from Biltema. They won't say who they get it from. All I have is the specs the oil meets, which will more than work for my car but that's not what I am after. Mostly investigating this out of OCD.

Sorry, never even heard of Biltema…

The stamped numbers on the bottom may give you an idea to the supplier. It’s how some here figured out what brands Warren Oil and WPP (different companies) make when they’re in the same shelf space.

Unless there was a supplier change, Toyota oil is made by Exxon Mobil and GM and Exxon Mobil just recently renewed their contract
Are there any pics of new D1G3 AC Delco bottles yet? The G2 was Phillips 66 oil for retail.

[QUOTE="I Are there any pics of new D1G3 AC Delco bottles yet? The G2 was Phillips 66 oil for retail.
[/QUOTE]
Looks similar to Mobil Super bottles. I imagine some bottle shapes must be copyrighted or at least protected somehow?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230628-103317.jpg
    Screenshot_20230628-103317.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 6
Back