Baldwin Oil Filters for the Ford 6.0 and 7.3 PSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baldwin makes a good filter, I've used them in the past on my vehicles. I'm not too familiar with the 6.0L, but the Motorcraft FL1995 was usually a good, readily available filter for the 7.3L at around $10.

If I owned that 6.0L, I'd definitely draw a sample and see what it's doing to the oil. I've read/heard many stories of fuel dilution issues with that engine, the first thing to go are usually the turbo bearings.

I use the Baldwin oil filters on my 2004 6.0 PSD. Once you open the box, inside they are exactly the same as the OEM filters. Same German supplier/manufacturer at half and in my case 1/3 of the cost.
cheers.gif

Quick_lude

what is the part number for the 6.0LTR psd? what have you been finduing for results? are the baldwin filters any better than the regular Ford filters? do you get and longer times in the oil changes? i know where i can get them locoly but the dont have a cross refrance chart. would it be possible to get a taller filter which would give me a chance for more oil? thanks for all ur help.

Eddington Fire Department
patriot.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Eddington Fire Department:
Quick_lude

what is the part number for the 6.0LTR psd? what have you been finduing for results? are the baldwin filters any better than the regular Ford filters? do you get and longer times in the oil changes? i know where i can get them locoly but the dont have a cross refrance chart. would it be possible to get a taller filter which would give me a chance for more oil? thanks for all ur help.

Eddington Fire Department
patriot.gif

I'm not sure exactly what the Baldwin part number is but what I trying to say that once you open the box and look inside, the filter is exaclty the same as the one you would get in a Motorcraft box. Also same as a Napa or Carquest filter, they all seem to be getting the filter from the same German supplier and just using their own "brand name" packaging. Here's a pic of the Baldwin filter
 -

Ergo, performance wise they should all be the same.
On the 6.0, the oil filter setup is a canister type, you cannot increase the capacity by using a larger one, only by installing a bypass setup.

SDF 88 is also an option.

AMSOIL SDF-88 Oil Filter for Ford 6.0L Diesel PowerStroke™ Applications

SDF-88
Constructed of a highly efficient synthetic blend media, the AMSOIL SDF-88 Oil Filter provides increased engine life and improved filtration efficiency.

The AMSOIL SDF-88 is a cartridge-style filter located on the top of the engine. When the filter is removed during servicing, the oil filter housing drain valve automatically opens, draining the oil from the housing to the pan.

The oil filter base of the SDF-88 directs oil to the oil filter, engine oil pressure switch (EOP), engine oil temperature sensor (EOT) and turbocharger oil feed. The filter base also includes an anti-drain back check valve, keeping oil in the filter assembly when the engine is shut off.

-

http://www.amsoil.com/products/pcf.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back