Are You A Brand Loyalist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given my old list of oils, definitely NOT a brand loyalist here on that. My questions in the oil filter forum pretty much clears up any brand loyalty there. Lastly, we have two Kia Souls in the family right now, but before that it was Honda, and before that now defunct Saturn. My folks and inlaws have owned Chrysler and Chevies throughout my married life, so nope, no real loyalty on cars.

But, if the Soul EVER decides to finally put AWD in the plans, then Kia all the way!

Originally Posted by kstanf150
Brand loyal to Ford for sure. 38 years and 18 vehicles with zero issues!ðŸ‘

You shouldn't have any issues having 18 Fords in only 38 years.
Originally Posted by opus1
Sort of.

I've always owned a GM brand, usually Chevy but I owned a just a GMC truck for a while.

So aside from inheriting your Dad's Ford, the Hyundai and Dodge are not owned by you?

I do not buy American brands, for ethical reasons (bailout and crash testing cheating).

I don't buy European brands due to reliability, very few exceptions.. some Mercedes, Vw golf line, and classic aircooled.

We pretty much stick to Subaru and Honda for reliability, resale value, safety, and ethical standards.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Honda in the past.... but they are now very ugly and turbo engine won't be as reliable as non turbo engine.

Ones I looked at, prior to my purchase, had both turbo a gdi......... initialed TGDI.
There were like 30 Honda CRVs on the new vehicle lot and they ALL had the same engine.

I'm a bit of a Fram guy but I think I've been vindicated by the Fram Ultra.
laugh.gif

Only Jeep and Land Rover...was diehard GM for 30-40 years but just got tired of them and they don't make anything now that appeals to me (nothing for off roading!)

No brand loyalty for oil.

Kinda of a VW fan-boi….like Ford as well. On oil, not really....have tried several brands and generally like Castrol and M1 but recently tried Liquimoly and my Ford has been getting Motorcraft oil since new b/c free at dealer.

My dad was a "Volvo guy" and insisted on them. He also used only Volvo parts for the sake of quality.

I tried being a "Volvo guy" as well, but that failed when I got a BMW thrown into the mix.
Then I realized how much fun I was missing out on. Not to mention the higher build quality, resale and durability (both were equal costs for repairs, servicing etc.).

Since then my dad has given up on Volvo and so have I. He's still driving his 96 Olds Aurora and I've gone Japanese for my main car.
I'd really like to rent a Volvo as a weekly rental, but most car rental companies don't offer them (probably due to lack of reliability), so I can't really blame them.

GM guy, have owned Pontiacs,Buicks,GMC's and Chevys. Also owned an oddball Yugo and Nissan. My daughters drive a Toyota and a KIA.
Pennzoil is my oil for the last 50 yrs in all our vehicles, started out with FRAM oil filters with no issues then switched to Wix/NAPA.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted by kstanf150
Brand loyal to Ford for sure. 38 years and 18 vehicles with zero issues!ðŸ‘

You shouldn't have any issues having 18 Fords in only 38 years.
Originally Posted by opus1
Sort of.

I've always owned a GM brand, usually Chevy but I owned a just a GMC truck for a while.

So aside from inheriting your Dad's Ford, the Hyundai and Dodge are not owned by you?

I still have the Cobalt...
grin2.gif

But I see your point. Hence my starting out with "sort of". When I was replacing the GMC I wanted a GM truck but the local Dodge dealer came up with a better deal on the Dakota (and I still had my Malibu at the time). I wanted to replace the Malibu with a Chevy HHR, but for several reasons, that didn't work out either.

I guess I should have said that I've always owned a GM product, no matter what else was in the fleet. Including my first two cars which were Impalas.

Many logged 250K
Lots of history in 38 years you know nothing about to make a comment like that.

I wouldn't say I'm loyal to any brand. GM is known for it's poor quality after every 3.4 had lim failure. The 3.8s weren't to nice either. The 4t65e was known to fail prematurely on the 3.8s. Oil is oil these days, just don't buy the red flagged oils on the pqia website. Every brand has had it's problems, I know a buddy whose Camry had a head gasket blow. Nothing is bulletproof, so find a good oil on discount, and never pay sticker price.

Originally Posted by Red91
I'm getting back around to liking Quaker state again. Guess old habits die hard.

I'll be getting back to liking them again to when they bring back their $7 a jug rebate.

Not with the new junk being sold as cars ...

Now breakfast cereals ....

Post # 1

Kelloggs and General mills = BOOOOO!

BOSE = Booooo!

As a mechanic I could work on and diagnose Chevy easier than FORD.

PLus my '67 chevelle 396SS 4 speed was a MUCH stronger car than my '69 Fairlane Fastback 428 Cj 4 speed

Yes these cars were under 1000 bucks in decent shape in the mid 1970's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back