Are Subarus really that sensitive

I bought a 21 WRX and I joined a few groups. I see over and over people saying you shouldn't drive them below 3k Rpms....
3000 RPM in 6th gear on the highway is probably 75 MPH..... That's faster than the speed limit in my state.

What they meant was don't try to accelerate while lugging the engine.

I bought a 21 WRX and I joined a few groups. I see over and over people saying you shouldn't drive them below 3k Rpms, you should change your oil at like 2500rpms you should never just go full throttle etc.....never in my life have I been told to be so careful with a car. Any idea what gives?

I don't see how any of that is going to prevent Subaru's famous head gasket issues.

268250eccb9ccda30a52c1e61f4927e8.jpg

In some ways Subaru cars are pretty cheap and crappy. In other ways they keep on going and going. A "Single friend" of the wife is on Subie #4 or 5. 3 of them died on their own, one the dealer actually left the drain plug loose (only case ever I've seen where engine seized so yes lights were ignored, etc, because Subaru)

ODD though - There are several threads like this, I will wait for Kshahn to find them all. People questioning Sub

Sheet metal and parts and bits are pretty chintzy. Some sound deadening needed.

But most of the stuff in the OP isn't true.

I don't see how any of that is going to prevent Subaru's famous head gasket issues.

View attachment 197258
Stupid meme is stupid.

The two turbo models pictured did not have HG issues. Only NA models, and that was cured long ago.

I am no Subie supporter. The 5 speed in my 2014 WRX was pretty fragile. But the engine was robust by then. Earlier they had oil pick-up tube failures............yeah that was a beaut for some people.

I bought a 21 WRX and I joined a few groups. I see over and over people saying you shouldn't drive them below 3k Rpms, you should change your oil at like 2500rpms you should never just go full throttle etc.....never in my life have I been told to be so careful with a car. Any idea what gives?
From what I see a lot of Suburu's are driven by "Sensitive People"

I think fuel dilution is a problem on most DI cars or a perceived problem. I just change the oil every 4,000 to 5,000 miles in the Malibu. I have no issues, but not all 2.0 LTGs have had a problem.

I think fuel dilution is a problem on most DI cars or a perceived problem. I just change the oil every 4,000 to 5,000 miles in the Malibu. I have no issues, but not all 2.0 LTGs have had a problem.
Its an engineering embarrassment that is easily solved with dual port and direct injection. Subaru has done it before but deliberately chooses not to. Vehicle costs are so high today that consumers are being ripped off.

Here in the suburbs, most Crosstreks and Outbacks are driven by young mothers hoping to avoid the stereotype of the minivan-driving soccer mom.

That's me in my white, 4-banger crossover :ROFLMAO: . I mold in with the rest of the parents that are desperately holding onto their younger self.

"I know a 4-door midsize sedan would serve my family better, but my real priority is maintaining the appearance of being cool and trendy and eco-friendly. So I bought an AWD Subaru that never leaves the pavement."

The latest generation really pees alot of gasoline into the oil crankcase, so much so its an engineering embarassment. They should all be recalled.

I can't relate to this claim. I've got six UOA reports on my '13 OUtback with the FB25 engine, the most recent at 120k miles. All six UOA report fuel dilution at <0.5%. I've seen similar fuel dilution results on Subarus, that others have posted here also. I"ve never seen one over 2%.

Back