Are pets/animals an important part of your life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Kruse
Originally Posted By: Al
If it has four legs and poops..forget it.

Date a set of beautiful twins at the same time and you'll change your attitude.

Ummm...sounds like you're talking about Siamese twins.
Are you into the Spider Sisters?

Yes in many ways.

My wife is a full time mobil pet groomer. Very successful. More so that I actually ever anticipated, but its a ton of work when done right.

Our household charity of choice is animal welfare usually through direct help grooming shelter animals so they have a better chance at adoption.

We have our own 3 rescue dogs.

UD

Originally Posted By: andyd
Our last pair of cats was a mixed bag. They were neutered and allowed out, they weren't interested in the wild life. As they aged, the male became neurotic, then incontinent, then blind over 15 yrs.It took awhile to realize Max was blind. Cleo the female, was a former Egyptian princess who wondered what she had done to deserve such second rate humans as us. She was 4 1/2 pounds of hauteur, irascibility, armed with lightning fast razors for claws. All you needed to do was watch her tail. If she started switching her tail, back off. She lived for 21 yrs, developing cancer of the nose toward the end. She slept with me,at first, she resisted the claustrophobia of being underneath covers. She preferred perching on my chest for better control of her heat source. Frailty,forced her to accept the confinement. It was hard to put her down. She coped with her cancer well. I couldn't bear to look at her. When the vet did the deed , she was scratched for the shot. It took a lethal dose for a 20 lb cat to stop her heart. The cold snap, brought a little grey cat into the yard. I haven't seen it myself, just tracks. I asked my son to pick up a few cans of cat food. The cat is pretty darn tough to endure our latest cold snap. The house could use a mouser. We'll see what happens. Hope-a- hope
great story, andyd. thank you.

All our pets have been considered part of the family.
When I was a teen we got a new rescue dog and I was tasked with training it, feeding and walking and it twice a day during the week for about 6 years. Was definitely a positive experience having the responsibility.

Currently have 2 cats, a rescue tom and an older rehomed lady; previously had 2 brother cats, who we took in from a friend of a friend.

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
We adopted our newest friend about one year ago. He's provided much needed therapy support for my wife. What a great guy he is. I don't think we could have found a better one anywhere. Came from Indiana through the Humane Society system. He attends doggy training classes with my wife and is learning service dog skills.

Koda - Friend/Companion. Boston Terrier mix with a handsome brindle coat. We also have a few chickens and rabbits. During our 4-H years we also had goats,pigs...you name it, we had it.

That's a good looking dog.

Speaking of animals. My great Pyrenees came home today from his morning patrol with the head of a young bison. usually it is deer pieces but he decided to change it up today.

Not really. I've had a pet, and it was nice, but I don't feel as if a pet "completed" me. Although after having pets in the house for so long, it'd feel weird to not have one anymore.

Have a beagle which the vet considers a rescue animal; she has separation anxiety and my house has felt the effect--crating is not effective on her, and caused her to lose a good number of teeth (damage from the prior owner). Sweet dog though--as long as we are around, she is happy.

We are contemplating a mobility dog for my son, but then that's not quite a pet.

ABSOLUTELY! Our pets are family and we keep each their entire life. We have dogs,cats and horses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back