Are pets/animals an important part of your life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Starman2112
I love dogs. So loyal, no wonder they’re called man’s best friend. We currently have a Yorkipoo named Bella. She’s my baby.
blush.gif

Yes, dogs are truly wonderful creatures. For me, they are without doubt, besides the OCCASIONAL human...the most beautiful living thing on the planet!

Originally Posted By: ZZman
Yes they are. We have owned many dogs and cats over the years. Currently have two small dogs. They give much love and laughter to us.

Dogs have always been hugely important to me, although I'm dog-less at the moment. We lost our Cocker Spaniel to mast cell cancer last July (officially our daughter's dog, but he stayed with us when she left for college). He was my best lil' buddy and partner in troublemaking for over 10 years, and I really miss having the little troublemaker around. I will get another dog, but probably not for a while longer. Somewhat because I want the memories to fade a little, and somewhat because we're enjoying the freedom to lock up the house, turn off the water, and leave town whenever we want.

Always had dogs, from kid growing up to now. Pets were always part of the family.

We currently have 3 rescue dogs, all mutts in the 50 to 60 lb. range.

I've always been allergic to cats.

We've got 4 between us!

Black cat, tabby cat, black and white cat and German Shepherd.

My black and white cat is a real devil. She has to stay upstars but gets all 3 bedrooms to herself after she attacked one of the other cats. The other 2 cats get to live downstairs in the puppy zone.

I'm looking forward to having the German Shepherd on Jeep trips and camping trips this summer!

Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
Always had dogs, from kid growing up to now. Pets were always part of the family.

We currently have 3 rescue dogs, all mutts in the 50 to 60 lb. range.

I've always been allergic to cats.

Actually seems like our daughter has become mildly allergic to the cats (at least the male since the female will generally not go near her), so that's probably another reason to not get anymore.

Originally Posted By: Starman2112
I love dogs. So loyal, no wonder they’re called man’s best friend. We currently have a Yorkipoo named Bella. She’s my baby.
blush.gif

We had a Yorkipoo when I was a little kid. I still think about him all the time.

[img:left]http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/fisher83chad/library/?view=recent&page=1[/img]

It's been about 8 years since we have had a pet but we just adopted a Lab mix in November. She is pretty much 50/50 Labrador Retriever and Flat Coated Retriever but did have a great grandparent that was mixed with Harrier. We ran a dog DNA test on her out of curiosity shortly after we got her. The kids begged me for a dog for the longest time and this one caught my eye. I had a yellow lab/golden retriever mix growing up until he "went to go live on a farm" when I was 12 or so. This new pup is great with the kids and full of energy. Way too friendly to be much of a guard dog but she should make a nice camping and fishing buddy this summer.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: E150GT
You bet! My dog lives a life of luxury. He's an excellent dog though. My fish get plenty to eat and their water changed regularly. Heck, even my 4 ghost shrimp have a tank to themselves with plenty of hiding spots and lots of food to eat. Living large for a shrimp. I killed way too many birds in my backyard needlessly as a kid and I have turned full circle. I dont like to see any animal suffer or be treated badly. Dont get me wrong, I wasnt the guy who went around kicking dogs or shooting cats, but I have much more respect for them now than I ever did as a young'n.
I understand what you are saying E150. I did stupid things as a kid I have regretted since I matured. I don't like to see any life snuffed out and even usher cricket that get into my garage to the garden. I don't understand the mind set that thinks living things should be killed just because they exist. The muskrats that have showed up in the lake behind our homes are a good example. Lady up the street thinks "someone" should kill them because they carry the "plague." I think she is the one that should be trapped.

I like animals, but dislike the owners who feel since they have a dog, everyone should also accept said dog. That said, I am really on the fence about other animals.

Spending the night as a guest and bringing a yippy lap dog is not a good way to make me like your dog. I see this happen at campgrounds all the time too. People bring their lab and tie it to a tree while they are on a boat all afternoon. (Not really the dogs fault in this situation. They are in a strange environment with strangers.)

Used to have 2 Newfoundlands. I sure miss them. Just cats now..

We have cats. I am important to them when they are hungry or thirsty. I am also occassionally an important part of their life if they are seeking a warm place to sit.

Definitely yes.

The kittens we got when we moved house are marvelous.

Was really looking forward to getting a dog in the new place, but have decided against it.

Living close to the bush, we've got heaps of lizards in the back yard, and have recently discovered frogs now that I am getting the garden better.

so I'm thinking dog is off the cards...more than OK with that.

Originally Posted By: Al
If it has four legs and poops..forget it.

Date a set of beautiful twins at the same time and you'll change your attitude.

We have a Corgi(Junior), an Old English Sheepdog(Daisy), a Bogle(Coco), and permanent boarder Chihuahua/Mini Pin(Squeezy). Also two cats, medium hair black(Vader) and calico Citrus Heights Longtail(Bug). Daisy and Bug are best friends, which is very entertaining, as Daisy weighs about 90 lbs., and Bug weighs about 3.

Last edited:
We adopted our newest friend about one year ago. He's provided much needed therapy support for my wife. What a great guy he is. I don't think we could have found a better one anywhere. Came from Indiana through the Humane Society system. He attends doggy training classes with my wife and is learning service dog skills.

Koda - Friend/Companion. Boston Terrier mix with a handsome brindle coat. We also have a few chickens and rabbits. During our 4-H years we also had goats,pigs...you name it, we had it.

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
We adopted our newest friend about one year ago. He's provided much needed therapy support for my wife. What a great guy he is. I don't think we could have found a better one anywhere. Came from Indiana through the Humane Society system. He attends doggy training classes with my wife and is learning service dog skills.

Koda - Friend/Companion. Boston Terrier mix with a handsome brindle coat. We also have a few chickens and rabbits. During our 4-H years we also had goats,pigs...you name it, we had it.

Really good looking dog. Collar? Not so much.
smile.gif

Always have a cat or two. Not interested in dogs, you have to tell them what to do, show them how to exercise, they don't fit into my lifestyle at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back