Are all 229.5 Oils the same?

Yeah, and I don't want a thinner oil anyway. I'd prefer the opposite for the Mercedes.

MB 229.5x is one of the most stringent and thorough standards in the industry, so even the oils that are close to the minimum standards in some areas should still perform well enough.
Yes that and A40. As far as some being better than others....HPL oils meeting the 229.5 spec are better as they go way over the minimum standards. HTHS for example. Mobil 1 is 3.5 or greater while HPL is 4 or greater.

Yes that and A40. As far as some being better than others....HPL oils meeting the 229.5 spec are better as they go way over the minimum standards. HTHS for example. Mobil 1 is 3.5 or greater while HPL is 4 or greater.
It doesn't work that way. meeting a spec is different from having the actually approval. Btw..
Shell, M1 and Castrol are way over the minimum standards when it comes to oils carrying the approval.

the same way you say its better.if the bigger the better, taken from your example. bigger HTHS. so Motul has oils with a range from 3-5 - 3.9 . there isn't a big difference between a 3.9 and a 4 HTHS. that shows that Motul is over the minimum standards( 3.5) that you argue.

229.5 plus LL01/LL04 on a bottle seems to be great. 229.5 for the tolerances and LL01/LL04 for corrosion protection. I know A40 (Porsche) was good but read it’s pretty old.

229.5 plus LL01/LL04 on a bottle seems to be great. 229.5 for the tolerances and LL01/LL04 for corrosion protection. I know A40 (Porsche) was good but read it’s pretty old.
229.5 is pretty old. Still one of the toughest specs out there.

Back