Anyone used Liqui-Moly or know of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After weeks of research on here, and due to the limited oil available to me in Germany, I just put some of the Liqui-Moly 0W-40 in my Subaru WRX. I don't have any hard data, but it is ACEA 3 rated which was what I was looking for. Other than that, I can only say it hasn't burned off at all, which the Mobil 1 5W-30 I had run previously did.

I've run several OCIs of the 0w40 in my Land Rover. This oil produced the best UOAs yielded by this engine. Super oil, smooth engine, no useage ovver 5,000 mile interval.

Excellent, thanks for the replies.

This was the reply from their technical office, my questions are below.

Hello Mr. xxx !

Thank's for your request to our oil's. In our list's the BMW needs an oil with the specification LL-01or LL-04.
So you can use the oil's you have noticed in your mail. For your area I will prefere the Top Tec 4100.
The Oil has a continuous oil film of sufficient load capacity at all times. It's a synthetical hydrocrack ( HC )
oil with a large viscosity index and excellent cleaning and protection qualities. For the temperature in your
area it will be the best of the listed oils.

With friendly regards from Ulm,
--------------------------------------
Good day to you,

Please can you advise me; currently I run my car on Mobil 1 0w-40 in my 2007 E 90 330i. Your site recommends that I use one of the following:

SYNTHOIL LONGTIME 0 W-30
TOP TEC 4100 5 W-40
LEICHTLAUF SPECIAL LL 5W-30
LONGTIME HIGH TECH 5 W-30

Now the issue I have is that your fully synthetic oil is LL-98 rated and your highest BMW rated oil (LL-04) is not a fully synthetic. Not to say that Mobil 1 is fully synthetic, but I am looking for the best product/protection for my car. Which of your products above is the best? My driving ranges from every day commuting to very spirited driving. I live in South Africa 1600m above sea level and the yearly temperatures average around 25 degrees C. I am also not one to run oil to the limit of its service life and normally have it changed at 10000KM.

Please advise me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back