Anyone else remove a tree stump with a chainsaw?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get a kick out of ruining rental equipment so most likely I would buy a cheap corded electric saw and a bunch of chains.

If too far from an outlet, Do as suggested above and buy a cheap gas saw and keep it around as a trash saw.

Maybe get the oregon powersharp bar and chain so I wouldn't need to sharpen it by hand.

Id just burn it below the surface, works great, super easy, and the only power tool I use is a drill with a long bit, which stays clean and sharp.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Id just burn it below the surface, works great, super easy, and the only power tool I use is a drill with a long bit, which stays clean and sharp.
This is what I do-use a long spade bit, drill holes down in it about a foot deep, dump diesel & gas in the holes, set it on fire.

What someone else said. You ruined a bar and chain for nothing. Palm trees bulbs die and rot quickly. You would have a hole there in 3 months.
Big trees. I just cut low and let them die in a year they just crumble out unless it's cedar. Even the stumps last forever.

Palm trees are not trees they are grass and therefore no root system. Just a round bulb with finger roots. Easy to dig out or let die and fill in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back