Another reason to avoid Midas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Expect a slow, steady slew of soon to be bankrupt by design extended warranty companies to send you mail when they think your factory warranty has expired.

I get calls from these companies all the time about my 1996 Nissan's warranty that may be about to expire haha
laugh.gif

I blow the minds of the tire shop I get my inspections at.

Beaters I sold three years ago still appear under my home phone number, my cell phone, my old burner cell phone. But the license plates get reused if they still have time in them, sometimes on the identical or similar make/ model/ year.

They get all flustered that my VIN was very wrong, or my mileage was less. They dutifully enter new info or change it around. Takes them several minutes.

Then they print out a list of what I need for my 240,000 mile service. My prius was going to need "4 spark plugs".
lol.gif

I figure this info is going somewhere.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
I blow the minds of the tire shop I get my inspections at.

Beaters I sold three years ago still appear under my home phone number, my cell phone, my old burner cell phone. But the license plates get reused if they still have time in them, sometimes on the identical or similar make/ model/ year.

They get all flustered that my VIN was very wrong, or my mileage was less. They dutifully enter new info or change it around. Takes them several minutes.

Then they print out a list of what I need for my 240,000 mile service. My prius was going to need "4 spark plugs".
lol.gif

I figure this info is going somewhere.

EPIC!

now, did they figure out the car colors where changing?

Yeah I'm not sure what the problem is here. I haven't had work done in a shop in years, but if I go to sell a vehicle and a buyer can see maintenance history on Carfax, that helps me. I don't see how it would hurt.

8-9 years ago I had the "lifetime" oil change from Midas for $40 or so, used it enough times to get my money's worth when I still lived in an apartment and couldn't do my own work.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Anduril
Yeah I'm not sure what the problem is here. I haven't had work done in a shop in years, but if I go to sell a vehicle and a buyer can see maintenance history on Carfax, that helps me. I don't see how it would hurt.

8-9 years ago I had the "lifetime" oil change from Midas for $40 or so, used it enough times to get my money's worth when I still lived in an apartment and couldn't do my own work.

^^^ This. [And I've surrendered to nothing, BTW. Especially Craigslist finger paranoia]. Plus I want those records for my own purposes and have signed up with CarFax to keep track of two of my cars.

If a seller claims the car was regularly maintained, I want to see proof. Receipts and maintenance records are all a plus.

Doesn't surprise me. Midas sucks at everything else so they probably had to start selling customer information to make a profit.

I've had 3 experiences with them, all were bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back