Amsoil EAO - FCI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"AMSOIL EaO Filters are guaranteed for 25,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first, when used in conjunction with AMSOIL Synthetic Motor Oil in gasoline and diesel vehicles in normal service, 15,000 miles in severe service."

That said I'll be changing out the filters on a 1 year cycle (about 5,000 miles).

and 6 to 7k miles (3 to 4 times a year) on another truck

I've run 2 out to about 19K miles, mostly highway miles. No known issues resulted except for clean oil.

I'm on my second oil change with the same EAO20, I usually go 3 changes on the same filter. I gave Blackstone a sample to analize this Monday, it will be interesting to see how well the the SSO/EAO20 combo does the second time around.

Harry

I've also been wondering if the filter needs to be changed when I change the oil.

I have the EaO99 along with an Oil Guard bypass unit on my Ford 7.3 diesel. I am running Rotella 15-40. I plan to send a sample of oil for analysis at 10K. I currently have about 6K and 8 months on the oil and filters.

Even if I'm told I should change the oil at the 10K mark, do you guys think I should change the primary and bypass filter elements?

I think buster has/had 27K miles over 1.5 years as I recall with multiple OCI during that time.

I don't plan to take mine off until I hit the 25K mark regardless of OCI.

Originally Posted By: byez
Do you think it would be safe to run the filter out to 22,500 miles without a UOA or should I trust Amsoils's claim?

What exactly constitutes "normal service"?

Normal Service defined as - Personal transportation vehicles frequently traveling greater than 10 miles at a time and not
operating under severe service.
Gasoline Engine Severe Service defined as - Turbo/supercharged engines, commercial or fleet vehicles, excessive engine
idling, first and subsequent use of AMSOIL engine oil in vehicles with more than 100,000 miles, daily short trip driving less
than 10 miles (16km), frequent towing, plowing, hauling or dusty-condition driving.
Diesel Engine Severe Service defined as - Extensive engine idling, daily short trip driving less than 10 miles (16km), frequent
towing, plowing, hauling or dusty-condition driving.

http://www.amsoil.com/lit/g1490.pdf

If your NOT running a quality synthetic group IV V oil with the Eao. I would stick with the normal OCI and leave the filter/s on. Run the Eao up to the severe service limit of 15K with just an oil drain.

If you run a quality synthetic oil of group IV V, run the oil and filters to 15K and do a complete OCI including the filter/s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back