Amsoil at O'Reilly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Jehartley
Originally Posted By: shpankey
Which line of AMSOIL oil's are those two in the pics?

Those are the fully synthetic 5w30 and 10w30 you see pictured there.

No, I mean the line.... is it the OE, XL, XLM, XLF, SSO, ASM, ASL, etc etc

Well the 0w20 on the amsoil site says ASM, 5w30 is ASL and 10w30 is ATM. Never knew they lettered them like that.

Originally Posted By: casperfun
just notice a qt of amsoil is smaller than the others.
Amsoil is so good that a quart only has to be 28 oz.
13.gif

I was thinking that maybe the new OE line might be one to show up in stores.
I had noticed before that the Amsoil bottle "looks" smaller.
They did not design their bottle to stand out from the rest on the shelf in a retail setting.....whereas the other brands major sell is in the retail setting (at least in the quart bottle).

It will be interesting to see how it sells in retail.
A few years ago Advance Auto tried Redline, but did not sell enough to warrant the shelf space......different market.

Amsoil has a good product and I wish them the best.

I was in a Napa in Colorado and they had Amsoil. Sometimes I just don't care for ordering online and would rather pick it up in the stores.

Originally Posted By: Racerngr1
I was in a Napa in Colorado and they had Amsoil. Sometimes I just don't care for ordering online and would rather pick it up in the stores.

Many NAPA stores have carried Amsoil products, as some are independently owned. What's surprising to me about Oreileys carrying it is that they are a national chain with almost 3500 stores. The question is whether or not this was a corporate decision and we will have Amsoil stuff in every Oreileys or if it is just an isolated location that will carry the line.

Is there a change coming in the near future for Amsoil? OE to compete with some of the Group III synthetics, and it popping up in more retail outlets, and in a national chain? Seems to be adding up. The right way to do it would be to test the market before making a giant leap. I guess only time will tell.

Originally Posted By: hate2work
. What's surprising to me about Oreileys carrying it is that they are a national chain with almost 3500 stores. The question is whether or not this was a corporate decision and we will have Amsoil stuff in every Oreileys or if it is just an isolated location that will carry the line.

It appears from the posters to be spread around pretty good. Interesting that there has been NOTHING communicated from corporate to dealers that I have seen. I know in the past Amsoil and O'Reilly have been very friendly in some racing series. Again - the stores must be franchises/locally owned.

I have sent emails out (Yesterday was Christmas party day at Amsoil HQ) to HQ, my DJ, O'Reilly, other dealers....no responses.

I would imagine if there was some plan of selling to O'Reilly as a chain the small dealers would be the last to know. Plans like this start at the top, if in fact that is what is happening. All speculation at this point.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I would imagine if there was some plan of selling to O'Reilly as a chain the small dealers would be the last to know. Plans like this start at the top, if in fact that is what is happening. All speculation at this point.

Not true as far as the dealers not knowing in one way - Amsoil would have had to change the (two way) written rules to sell to "O'Reilly as a chain". A single store can set up an account--but it has to be set up so that the bill is serviced by that store, not their central billing office.

Could it be that certain O'Reilly stores are actually not corporate stores, but independently owned? Then it would all add up.

IIRC Years ago Coke did away with many if not all routes and took control themselves. A lot of people got screwed if my memory is working today.

Not exactly related, but i sold dixie chopper lawnmowers a while back, and dixie chopper and Lucas oil is tight, both with heavy indiana ties, and the son of the owner of lucas lives 1 county away, i had the pleasure of meeting him, so i asked him how was walmart getting lucas oil?...his response....theyve gotta be bootlegging it somehow, as lucas doesnt sell to wm...

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Could it be that certain O'Reilly stores are actually not corporate stores, but independently owned? Then it would all add up.

That's what I have asked/said twice already in this thread. Nothing on their site that says this, but I could have missed it.

Originally Posted By: Jehartley
Which line of AMSOIL oil's are those two in the pics?

Those are the fully synthetic 5w30 and 10w30 you see pictured there.

No, I mean the line.... is it the OE, XL, XLM, XLF, SSO, ASM, ASL, etc etc

ASL and ATM.

Here's the skinny:

Quote:
1. O’Reilly Auto has gone through several phases regarding their allowing individual store registration with AMSOIL. For a long time it was allowed and stores throughout North America carried AMSOIL. As O’Reilly began growing by opening new stores and buying other existing auto parts chains their need and desire to consolidate their product offering increased. The result of this was the removal of AMSOIL from almost all their stores.

a. In the years following this some local stores have gone against the corporation’s wishes, with some registering and others just purchasing AMSOIL locally. Individually registered accounts were allowed under the 12+ Store policy.

2. During their expansion phase O’Reilly purchased a medium sized auto parts chain that was a 12+ grandfathered AMSOIL account. In an effort to help the AMSOIL Dealer maintain that account AMSOIL worked with O’Reilly to maintain those stores and continue to carry AMSOIL. These stores are located in the mid-west and we have an agreement on limiting the relationship to only those stores.

a. As part of our agreement O’Reilly has asked AMSOIL to not accept any registrations for other stores outside of this group and we are honoring this request.

b. Some of the other individual stores outside of the purchased chain that were registered with AMSOIL before this are still registered and purchasing AMSOIL. This is acceptable under the 12+ Store policy.

The summary is that there are two types of O’Reilly accounts one being the purchased chain and the other being those individual stores who went against O’Reilly corporate direction or were registered as an individual store before the decision from corporate. For the foreseeable future the opportunity with O’Reilly is on hold as agreed to by O’Reilly and AMSOIL.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Here's the skinny:

Quote:
1. O’Reilly Auto has gone through several phases regarding their allowing individual store registration with AMSOIL. For a long time it was allowed and stores throughout North America carried AMSOIL. As O’Reilly began growing by opening new stores and buying other existing auto parts chains their need and desire to consolidate their product offering increased. The result of this was the removal of AMSOIL from almost all their stores.

a. In the years following this some local stores have gone against the corporation’s wishes, with some registering and others just purchasing AMSOIL locally. Individually registered accounts were allowed under the 12+ Store policy.

2. During their expansion phase O’Reilly purchased a medium sized auto parts chain that was a 12+ grandfathered AMSOIL account. In an effort to help the AMSOIL Dealer maintain that account AMSOIL worked with O’Reilly to maintain those stores and continue to carry AMSOIL. These stores are located in the mid-west and we have an agreement on limiting the relationship to only those stores.

a. As part of our agreement O’Reilly has asked AMSOIL to not accept any registrations for other stores outside of this group and we are honoring this request.

b. Some of the other individual stores outside of the purchased chain that were registered with AMSOIL before this are still registered and purchasing AMSOIL. This is acceptable under the 12+ Store policy.

The summary is that there are two types of O’Reilly accounts one being the purchased chain and the other being those individual stores who went against O’Reilly corporate direction or were registered as an individual store before the decision from corporate. For the foreseeable future the opportunity with O’Reilly is on hold as agreed to by O’Reilly and AMSOIL.

I know you don't have to answer this, but why doesn't the O'Reilly corporation want Amsoil products in their stores?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back