Amsoil 0W-30, 14,198 MILES, 1993 Civic

@TiGeo should be along shortly. He is the resident expert on LM. I’ve only ever used their engine flush (today) just because I wanted too
7yln73.jpg

Does anyone else use Liquimoly in their engine? If so, what do you think of it?
I've used LM in 3 of my VWs....you can see the details in my sig. My Sportwagen now has HPL but used to run LM Molygen and Leichtlauf 5W40 including track use. Many UOAs you can easily find in that sub-forum. I think it has approvals and I get it for free (essentially...) from FCP so there it is....

Miles on Civic - 673,890 / 1,084,520 km
Miles on oil - 6,677
Amsoil 0w-30 oil (AZO)
Amsoil ea15k20 oil filter
Wix 46026 air filter
Dual Filtermag CT.3.2 magnetic oil filters
Dimple magnetic oil drain plug
5 ozs Liquimoly anti-friction

I ran this oil around 650 more miles than last time, so some of the readings will be higher.

oil reportt 12-7-2023.jpg

Originally Posted by dblshock
pouring $12qt. oil in this road rat you can bet he's thinking a million miles.

Don't know where you're getting your pricing information:

[Linked Image]

16 quarts for 149.35 says $9.35 a quart to me.
$10 per quart is not bad for Amsoil if that is what gotten the Covic to hit 500k miles and thr OCI is close to 15k.

Amsoil makes great oil but I always thougt it cost a lot kore than $10 per quart, which is what auto part stores charge for other FS no where near as good.

I am really hoping my Fit would go to 300k mile. I would be ectastic if it gets to 509k miles. I mean thr fuel cost would be enormous so I either got a tons of life experiencing or become a great driver with those miles racked up.

Rifjt now, I see myself with 20 good years of driving left because it may become a choir and I am averaging 5k mile annually on the Fit. That is 100k miles on top of the 175k already racked up due to longer commute the Dit was originally purchased for. Had this been a hybrid, I think the fuel cost is easy to digest and hybrid battery longevity is a function of age as much as mileage so I can see 10 years and 150k-200k miles for leisure, famiky outting, and extended trips everywhere while having a nice sport vehicle or monster truck in the garage.

Your particle counts went up by 9 to 10 ISO codes for particles between 4 and 14 microns. That's around 1,000 times more particles than your previous runs.

The high particle count might be due to advanced wear or really poor oil filtration. If it were from dust, I think the silicon would be higher.

Is the Liquimoly you used the stuff with MOS2? It's not very soluble, so maybe it would be picked up as particles in that test. You could try asking the lab or Liquimoly.

This engine is doomed. Get the shovel and headstone ready.
What do you mean this vehicle has no name yet - in almost 700k?

I love-me some more Amsoil. My two HyunKias (Betty & Barney) are going to live forever on this and HPL.

Last edited:
Back