Aguila Ammo 45ACP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not personally shot it in that caliber. They all seem to say it works fine, and I've not had a problem with other calibers of Aguila.

(But for personal defense/concealed carry, I stick with familar domestic makes. Gold Dot is a favorite.)

Gold Dot is my defensive carry too, but Aguila is good ammo especially if you can get a deal on it. I'm sure you know this and just wondered about .45ACP. Their 117 grain has been out since 2000, it is a fragmenting round. If the price is good go for it.

Last edited:
I'm only talking target ammo. I just do the rounds and get the lowest cost rounds....er ammo.....last week it was 500 rounds of S&B for $158.37 delivered, this week it's Aguila for a couple bucks more.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Anyone shot Aguila Ammo in 45ACP?

Any good?

Pablo,

I've shot it before and found it to be very reliable BUT I haven't seen any for an easy couple decades. During my hey day it was priced at $6.50ish per box so if you see any be aware it might be old.. That's soesn't mean it won't go bang but just to let you be aware.

Durango

I've shot quite a few boxes of the stuff but as another poster mentioned, haven't seen it around for a few years. It shot well but I thought it a bit dirty.

If you can find some Sellier & Bellot ammo for around the same price - I would favor that.

By the way, if you're ever down in the Lakewood/Joint Base Lewis-McChord area, stop in at Surplus Ammo and Arms. They have some pretty interesting stuff in there and good prices on ammo.

I picked up some Sellier & Bellot 9mm FMJ for $9.50 per box of 50. I also picked up a couple of boxes of Federal 9BPLE 115 grain JHP +P+ for $20/50 rds. If your handgun can handle +P+ safely, that is very good stuff.

I've bought from Surplus, they are pretty good but have been raising their prices lately. The price on the Aguila beats the reloads surplus sells.

We are talking factory fresh ammo, btw.

Originally Posted By: tom slick
Does Aguila centerfire ammo stink like their rimfire ammo does? It smells like super glue curing.

The rimfire smell funny because they use Ely priming compound. Try some Ely and Aguila at the same time.

Pete, I tried some of that 115 gr 9mm in my .45 ACP and it keeps falling out the end of the barrel ....
cool.gif

It is indeed great to be old.

Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
Pete, I tried some of that 115 gr 9mm in my .45 ACP and it keeps falling out the end of the barrel ....
cool.gif

Hmmmm... Works great in my P89. SR9c and not so swell in my 1911. I'll have to research this further! But I was just trying to bring it up to Pablo for the $$$$ comparison of the 9mm he bought and the 9mm I bought this morning.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Pete C.
Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
cool.gif

Hmmmm... Works great in my P89. SR9c and not so swell in my 1911. I'll have to research this further! But I was just trying to bring it up to Pablo for the $$$$ comparison of the 9mm he bought and the 9mm I bought this morning.

Why would you bring up 9mm? We are talking 45ACP.

Originally Posted By: tom slick
Does Aguila centerfire ammo stink like their rimfire ammo does? It smells like super glue curing.

tom slick,

There rinfire ammo does have a different powder formula compare to American ammo.

Durango

I bought two cases a couple of years ago and have used about half of it. It shoots just fine. It is my understanding that their plant was built by Remington years ago, so it is based on US technology. And it's brass cased so it can be reloaded. If you find a deal on it, buy it with confidence.

Much better than Russian [censored], by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back