9mm Ammo brands how reliable? does it matter between these 3?

@Bottom_Feeder
These were very clearance.
1708370999496.jpg

I’ve gone through a few thousand rounds of Geco 9mm and Norma 7.72x39. All great ammo. None of the issues others experienced.

I would happily buy more Geco and more Norma. But, at the moment, I have a good supply, and not quite enough room to keep any more… 😎

I would shoot all of those all day. Fiocchi would be my choice out of the 3. My gun would eat all three and not skip a beat. As a matter of fact it has. 115 grain, in my opinion is the ticket and see no value in 124 and definitely not 147. 147 is a waste in 9mm IMO.

I guess it depends on your gun. The only manufacturer I have ever had issues with is Freedom Munitions, not good at all. I would say that if your gun is reliable, then the three you asked about would be great.

AAC at least in my 308s was no different than any other regular non match grade ammo. 308 is high right now, I would not pay over 90cents per round for regular stuff. Match grade maybe 1.50-2.00 per round.
Curious about your dislike for 124gr. and 147gr. in 9mm ? The 9mm was originally designed with 124gr. bullet weight while 147gr. is considered heavy for caliber . Both are a little less snappy recoil wise versus 115gr. and often a bit more accurate as well plus better penetration for self defense in hollow points . You will see more self defense 9mm loads in 124gr. and 147gr. then 115gr. but for range use or gun games 115gr. is fine.

Curious about your dislike for 124gr. and 147gr. in 9mm ? The 9mm was originally designed with 124gr. bullet weight while 147gr. is considered heavy for caliber . Both are a little less snappy recoil wise versus 115gr. and often a bit more accurate as well plus better penetration for self defense in hollow points . You will see more self defense 9mm loads in 124gr. and 147gr. then 115gr. but for range use or gun games 115gr. is fine.
Dislike? Not really. Let me be a bit more specific on my opinion:

I suppose it depends on the intended use. 147, being "heavy and slow" would be ok for a soft target round, civilian use. Not so much for a general purpose round. At subsonic speeds, the 147 is a bit light to be effective against much. Of course, I would not want to get hit by one, but on topic, it is inferior IMO.

124 I have no issues with at all, I agree that the recoil with 124 typically is lighter, but this is not true with 124 NATO which is a bit hotter than standard. I have shot 1000's of this.

115 Is generally cheaper on the wallet, you can find it all over the place, and it does the job. Especially with the new M1152 round. 115gr flatnose 1300+ fps and 440+ ftlbs.

147 and 124 has less recoil yes, but what does that mean? Less power.

Back