Aging Parents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Reddy45
Stevie -- Our dads are pretty much identical then. He doesn't want to take any meds, so then he's just toughing out the pain, and ends up taking it out on people. My mom is seeking outside opportunities that she can do each day, but dad seems to want her to stay at home also.

The whole situation is just a mess that makes no sense..

I feel for you my friend, it's not easy... Especially when they are older and supposed to be "wiser" but arguing about things not really that important in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited:
Pain can make people act differently, understandable. I don't have much to offer but this. My gpa passed away in April. In the months following up to it my gma got sick.. I never seen that side of gpa. They've always bickered back and forth but I'd never seen that loving. The day he told gma he loved her that's why, blew me away. They were married 62 years. I wouldn't worry much, there's probably more caring there than you might be seeing.

Originally Posted by Papa Bear
I am that nearly 75 yr old parent so I probably shouldn't comment ......
All I can say is life (for me) is different at 75 than at 25 or 50

Have some patience with them - if you are lucky you will get to experience 1st hand the process of aging

A nice dose of wisdom amid an internet forum discussion is like a breath of fresh air. This should serve as good advice for all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back