Accident-possible total loss-insight needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think SF is gonna want to have it fixed for you. If they insist, not a whole lot that can be done about it as the insurance contract allows them to take that option.

I think it’s 50/50 at this point and I know the contract allows. Several things give me hope they will total, one being opinions like Dans, as I thought there might be a frame issue.

If they fix it, I gotta live with it, unfortunately.

No call from adjuster yet. However there is some sort of estimate uploaded. Approaching 14k. It does however state there are open items due to needed tear down. I need to eventually talk to the adjuster because the estimate shows some sort of frame repair. Not cool. I’m not rushing them though, as I know that won’t play into my favor.

Did get a copy of the crash report. Other driver was ticketed for failure to yield.

Just gonna sit and wait...and hope...and pray. Lol

Hold your cards for now. The adjuster might only be writing the estimate for what he/she can see, or might be using the picture based software estimate system. There is still a lot of damage not on the estimate, I can assure you of that!

There is also this subject called a "Rejected repair"

This is something you can address if the insurance co wants to repair your vehicle. If you crashed it and it was your fault, then you would have to live with it! Its someone else that damaged your vehicle, it needs to be pretty much perfect, you will let that be well known if they decide to repair it.

Update...totaled. Thank goodness. Over 19k in damage. Have gap and glad I do. Will be getting the same vehicle next week. Thanks everyone for the moral support.

Nearly 14k to 19k is quite the jump!
shocked.gif

Originally Posted By: BTLew81
14 was for superficial damage. Mechanical and associated labor took me over.

That’s good they will total your vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back