A high milage 2005 Toyota Sienna AWD Limited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then you should buy a late model, proper 4WD vehicle. If you're so concerned about the safety of your family, you don't try to get by on the cheap with a 12 yo vehicle with tacked on all wheel drive (not 4WD).

Last edited:
I am currently looking into high mileage Toyota Land Crusier with a V8 engine that comes with factory center differential lock or Lexus LX470 (which is more expensive to repair because it is a Lexus).

Originally Posted By: sifan
I am currently looking into high mileage Toyota Land Crusier with a V8 engine that comes with factory center differential lock or Lexus LX470 (which is more expensive to repair because it is a Lexus).

They're both the same - but the Lexus has hydropneumatic suspension which people tend to neglect, and new accumulators aren't cheap on them either. The latter is more plentiful than the former since a lot of them are leased, and honestly for the price difference between the Toyota and Lexus, it just makes sense to pay a bit more and get a lot more. Both are reliable and plenty tough but are expensive to repair. The 2UZ-FE V8 isn't as stout as its 4.0L 1UZ Lexus sister, but it's been installed in countless Tundras and Sequoias.

Personally, I'd get a post-GM(2008 or newer) Subaru Outback or Forester and call it a day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back