9mm choice, glock or sccy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly!

When I bought a pickup truck, I bought an American made truck - the Toyota Tundra!

Back to the OP question: it boils down to quality vs. junk.

I refuse to buy junk just because of where it's made. I've got many finely made firearms. Swiss, Austrian, German, and American. If the OP wants quality, then of his two choices, it's clearly Glock. If he wants American quality, he needs to reconsider his choices.

JStert - if it helps, I've got 4 Glock 19s. You simply can't go wrong with a Glock. And my daughter started shooting the Glock when she was 12. The recoil is quite manageable on the 19.

I agree with Astro's assessment of the Glock. You simply cannot go wrong. As much as I like Ruger, they have yet to produce an auto pistol that compares in quality or longevity of production of most other major manufacturers who produce the same, like Glock or Springfield with their XD Models. Most are cheaply constructed, and many are recalled on a seemingly never ending basis. And none of them ever retain production very long before either being discontinued, or else revised and reintroduced umpteen times. That said their revolvers are some of the most stoutly constructed, accurate, and most rugged ever produced. Especially for the price.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
JStert - if it helps, I've got 4 Glock 19s. You simply can't go wrong with a Glock. And my daughter started shooting the Glock when she was 12. The recoil is quite manageable on the 19.

thanks astro14, i appreciate your daughter’s experience. the original question was based on an immediate choice, which i didn’t have to, and ultimately didn’t choose to, make. both my sons and brother tell me, “just get a glock” and i likely will, but im trying to adhere to my new year resolution of “one in only if one goes out.” doing research the milsurp star bm “spoke to me” as i stumbled onto a good deal.

Something else to consider.

When I was looking to buy my "school" pistol, I had some very specific considerations. I was really wanting to get a Glock Model 40 MOS. I just couldn't get around the grip and trigger(personal preference only, not saying it's a failing of the pistol). Now if the G40 was the only pistol available, I would go with it, and carry on.
I started looking at other "longslide" pistols. I wanted a .40 (if I couldn't get a 10mm)as opposed to a 9mm, because of mag restrictions. I settled on the FN FNS-L NMS .40, and I am very satisfied with it. Shoots well, feels natural in my hand, no external controls. A pistol is a tool, and this one works very well for me. Underwood 165 gr Gold Dots aren't at the 10mm level, but they are good enough.

The runner up was the longslide Sig P320 .40. IF I went with personal preference, I would just chuck a bunch of DA revolvers in my bag, and call it a day
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: billt460
Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
And HK, SIG, Walther, and FN, etc. Most of the higher quality, upper end pistols are not American "owned".

I get and understand that. All I am saying is just because you go out of your way to buy an "American Made" product today, doesn't make you go down as some type of American business patriot. It means little where a product is manufactured these days. It has nothing to do with it's quality. Or the individual who buys it thinking they are "helping out". By believing they are being more of an, "American", just because it's manufactured on our soil. As is often insinuated when these kind of things come up.

Honda cars are manufactured in Marysville Ohio. Hyundai's are built in Montgomery, Alabama. Toyota's in San Antonio, Texas. While some Fords are assembled in Mexico. So when people start questioning where something is made, I question what they are trying to establish by asking. Usually it amounts to nothing. Like it or not, we live in a global world.

But when we bought our Toyota Sienna, there is no doubt that helped my fellow Hoosiers keep working.

I couldn’t disagree more. Explain that to the roughly 22 million displaced workers in the rust belt and textile industry. 10’s of Thousands of manufacturing facilities and support networks eliminated. (With ZERO contingency plans deployed) The vast majority of these communities plunged in poverty that has NEVER rebounded. Who do think destroyed these communities at the alter of unfettered globalism. Greedy businessmen (Donors) and political traitors. I think Global trade is a great tool but without proper planning and protections it can turn into a nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back