700HP Ford F-150

Jay Leno and Ford engineer review the 700HP Ford Raptor

It's sounds like a really great deal for a small amount of money. Those 5.0's must be a really great engine to handle all that power. I keep my fingers crossed that mine won't blow and I only have 72,000 miles on my 2014 which is bone stock. I always believe those high HP engines are a time bomb if driven hard all the time. If driven lightly they last forever however most people that buy them have a gas pedal that seems to stick to the floor.

Ford could offer a 650rwhp version of the 3.5 for about $3500 in parts and $15k for “parts insurance”.

XDI HPFP, aftermarket mega intercooler, some AMS turbo intake tubes, down pipe & turbo adapters, and a tune for pump E85 would make 600HP pickups for Pennies…

Ford could offer a 650rwhp version of the 3.5 for about $3500 in parts and $15k for “parts insurance”.

XDI HPFP, aftermarket mega intercooler, some AMS turbo intake tubes, down pipe & turbo adapters, and a tune for pump E85 would make 600HP pickups for Pennies…
Better yet, one could go find himself a 10th gen F150 with a 5.4, buy a built long block, throw a Whipple 2.9 on it with a Lightning manifold/IC/pulley bridge and put more than that to the rollers on 93 pump and 60Lb injectors with a DW415 in-tank fuel pump...and not have to worry about E85 availability or detriments.

You could likely generate very similar numbers with a 450lph in-tank and the XDI pump on the Eco, but there are numerous benefits to running E85, the main one being the cooling effect. There’s an episode of Engine Masters where they test C16 and E85, and there is no competition. The race gas loses handily to the ethanol.

I have a low-500rwhp E30 tune that I can run, but it gets tedious testing the pump ethanol and figuring out how much I need, especially with a 36gal tank. If I ever get a full dyno tune and plan on a track day, it will be with an empty tank and I’ll use Ignite Racing Fuel’s “real” E85 for that. 👍🏻

And, Ford has already hit the 700HP mark on the EcoBoost with pump gas… just in the Ford GT. Swap cams & turbos on the truck engine, and there you go 😉

Back