2024 Ford F-150 entry point: $38,565

You can get a super car for that … Grrrr …

IMG_1800.jpg

View attachment 189803
But I need a big ol’ truck!

Seriously though I need to drive a GR and see what it’s like. I’d spend $38k on a nicely equipped performance car. I’m not remotely interested in a base optioned truck for similar money. I thought my 2017 XLT was lacking and it had every option possible. They selected a few specific options to limit just to make you want a higher trim level.

Your disdain for trucks is well documented. No real need to keep adding to it.
lol. Options get expensive quick. I understand where the cost comes with trucks with frame reinforcement and space. It still sucks though what has happened to all vehicle prices, but I think that’s what amplifies it even more.

At least for mine all I wanted was the OEM LED headlights to go with all the other LED lights on the truck. I think the XLTs have it now finally, but otherwise that would take a Lariat, but I still didn’t want leather. They could have at least allowed it as an option.

The comical part is a poster mentioning his local ford dealer hourly rate at $250/hr.

Insanely they charge an extra $5k for 4wd which is intense profit center. Normal SUV and cars charge $1500-$3000 for AWD .
I don’t know about you but at least living where I do there’s no way I’d purchase one without 4WD. I think many think that way and that could shape those costs. It does work a bit different than AWD in operation though.

View attachment 189803

But I need a big ol’ truck!

Seriously though I need to drive a GR and see what it’s like. I’d spend $38k on a nicely equipped performance car. I’m not remotely interested in a base optioned truck for similar money. I thought my 2017 XLT was lacking and it had every option possible. They selected a few specific options to limit just to make you want a higher trim level.
Try towing my boat, parade float, or travel trailer with that.

We get it Torrid you don't like trucks. I don't particularly care for Toyota,VW or Tesla. Personal preference. The difference is I don't care if people own them, i won't give them a hard time if they do and certainly don't care what anyone pays for them, especially if it makes them happy.

Having said that EVERYTHING is pricey right now. The wife and I do fine, but I don't know how some people make it.

Try towing my boat, parade float, or travel trailer with that.

We get it Torrid you don't like trucks. I don't particularly care for Toyota,VW or Tesla. Personal preference. The difference is I don't care if people own them, i won't give them a hard time if they do and certainly don't care what anyone pays for them, especially if it makes them happy.

Having said that EVERYTHING is pricey right now. The wife and I do fine, but I don't know how some people make it.
I don’t particularly have a cut and dry distain for truck owners, I have problem with less skilled drivers in oversized vehicles that don’t have them to use for their intended purposes.

The majority of reckless drivers I see are driving trucks. I can say for sure I can count on one hand how many people I’ve seen driving reckless towing a trailer. It’s pretty safe to say someone who tows knows a bit more about driving safely. It’s more of a behavior issue than a truck issue. My biggest gripe is that those reckless drivers are piloting a large heavy vehicle.

Back