2024 Ford F-150 entry point: $38,565

Just saying... A top of the line 2024 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab PRO-4X® 4x4 is $40,795. Or $45,352 with every available option selected (including illuminated floor boards, three sets of different emergency kits, and other useless options...)
A base 310HP 3.8L V6 with 9-speed auto and 2WD starts at $29,770. There are very few, highly specific scenarios, where a full size F150 would have a usable winning edge over a midsize Frontier. 95% of people don't even come close to those scenarios in real life.

Just saying... A top of the line 2024 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab PRO-4X® 4x4 is $40,795. Or $45,352 with every available option selected (including illuminated floor boards, three sets of different emergency kits, and other useless options...)
A base 310HP 3.8L V6 with 9-speed auto and 2WD starts at $29,770. There are very few, highly specific scenarios, where a full size F150 would have a usable winning edge over a midsize Frontier. 95% of people don't even come close to those scenarios in real life.
The Frontier is an ancient platform with basically lipstick put on it. Besides comparing a small truck to a full size truck, you are comparing old school to new tech. You would be better to mention the Ranger. Which BTW is struggling in sales.

The Ranger is the current Dodge Dakota of the 2000’s. Too big to get small truck MPG, too close to the price of an F150. I’d have bought a Ranger if I could have found one for $30k instead of $45k.

I strongly considered the Frontier, but went for MPG instead and bought a commuter vehicle in a similar price range to the Frontier. The fuel mileage of a Frontier is terrible as well, and I only need a truck a couple times a year. A U-Haul on the minivan does the job.

The Frontier is an ancient platform with basically lipstick put on it. Besides comparing a small truck to a full size truck, you are comparing old school to new tech. You would be better to mention the Ranger. Which BTW is struggling in sales.
Current Frontier has very little to share with the "ancient" 2005-2020 Frontier. It does share the power train and drivetrain with the 2021 Frontier, where we got the oddball old body with new internals for a year. But I do admit that I'm a fan of proven old school, so my suggestion is a bit biased. The Ranger has more issues already, which is why I didn't suggest it. (Wonder if that's part of the reason for it struggling in sales.) As I mentioned in another thread at some point: Frontier is an old school, working man's truck. It will reliably keep on running and delivering new turbos for all the other trucks that picked forced induction over N/A simplicity.

Last edited:
Back