6T70E fluid drain and fill 2015 Malibu

Used in a bunch of GM stuff from 2007 until 2015. (Equinox, Malibu, SRX, Impala, Vue, Terrain, and some other stuff I am forgetting.) Plus I think in some Ford stuff as a 6F60/6F55 it was a joint venture. The plug and fill are the same spot on Ford. This transmission was used in A LOT of stuff. [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] A complete fluid swap is about 9.5 quarts. A drain and fill is 5 to 5.5 quarts. There is no serviceable filter. You have to split the transmission case to get to it. I needed a funnel, 11mm socket and drain pain. Easiest drain and fill I have ever done. I think it took me 30 minutes. Fluid was dirty but not horrible. I will do another drain and fill next oil change.

To properly measure the ATF level did you need a scanner and have to reach ____ F degrees ? Or simply drain and measure old fluid , add the same amount and Check dipstick ? I hate some vehicles no longer have a dipstick to check ATF.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
To properly measure the ATF level did you need a scanner and have to reach ____ F degrees ? Or simply drain and measure old fluid and add the same amount and Check dipstick ?
It has a dipstick. Got it up to temp and made sure it was in the same spot as before I refilled it, Plus anal me measures how much I took out and how much I put in. GM's own procedure is to get it up to temp run it through the gears and then check it. Really easy. I need to do the Caprice. That is a no dipstick, use the weep hole procedure...blah.

Originally Posted by JTK
Nice! Was this the first drain/fill? Good to know it's so easy to do on those year ranges.
First one, didn't look too bad. I was actually surprised.

Originally Posted by KrisZ
Nice, its easier than a regular oil change since no filter has to be touched. How much does it cost at the dealer for such an easy service?
I don't know, they usually do a flush which is 179.00. Will do another drain and fill at the next oil change.