426k on our shop truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JC1
Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Back when Toyota engines were made out of steel, didn't consume oil like a drunken sailor on shore leave..

And the design wasn't approved or dictated by bean counters.

They rotted out long before dying of anything mechanical up here. Road salt is an evil thing.

Originally Posted By: cjcride
Was gonna say good mechanics and drivers. Then saw "it doesn't get any love"

No love from BITOGERS likely is still better maintenance than from most everybody else.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: JC1
Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Back when Toyota engines were made out of steel, didn't consume oil like a drunken sailor on shore leave..

And the design wasn't approved or dictated by bean counters.

They rotted out long before dying of anything mechanical up here. Road salt is an evil thing.

Yep

"...didn't consume oil like a drunken sailor on shore leave.."

We have "Fleet Weeks" in New York, as other port cities do, and I've NEVER seen a sailor drink oil.

TRUE INSTANCE: I saw a USN sailor sitting in a chair in his skivvies on 9th Avenue at a laundromat. It was during Fleet Week.
When I asked him what he was doing he said, "All I want to do is wash my own clothes separately".

True story, I swear. Kira

Originally Posted By: DrRoughneck

Toyota Master Race!

We used to get a Toyota van here called the Master Ace...we always had a giggle over that. Sort of between the Hi Ace and the Lite Ace as an idea where the names come from.

Great post ... and I am impressed .... and I agree, change the oil, doesnt matter what kind ... just needs the API.
Im mostly the same with conventional, or whatever is on sale.

How was it driven, short hops with lots of restarting, highway use at full operating temps, etc? Impressive no matter what.

This is the difference between Toyota guys and Every-other-brand guys: the Toyota ones cant wait to take pics of their ODO and post it on the internet.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
How was it driven, short hops with lots of restarting, highway use at full operating temps, etc? Impressive no matter what.
Lots of short trips to get lunch,take customers home,run around the corner to napa etc.

That generation of Tacoma was pretty much an Americanized Hilux - Toyota did switch the engine away from the 22RE to the 2RZ-FE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back