3 ton jack stands $19.88 at Home Depot

1699971108574.jpg

What is the name/model for this neat red brace ?

The stands shown are designed for the pinch welds at specified locations that I have found newer vehicles don't have. even id they do, seems the pinch weld will collapse.
How are owners supposed to jack up these cars to replace a flat if they don't have jack points?

Many of them have only one spot on each corner. My jackstands double as lift points so not an issue for me.

View attachment 188462
A clever fellow could fabricate a cross bar that spanned a pair of these $20 jack stands and get the same functionality. That’s assuming there’s sufficient room between the jack point and the wheel, of course. And also assuming you trust your life to your welding skills.

I use ramps PLUS jack stands, and, if the tires have to be off, I do one side at a time, and the tire also goes underneath.

WHen I was young, I used to just use the scissor jack to lift the car up. Got under the car with just that all the time. One day, got under there and couldn't break a fastener free. Climbed back out, went to get a tool and the scissor stand had folded right in half and front disc was on the driveway........

Scared the living BEEP out of me. THank goodness I wasn't under there. Pure luck it wasn't.

Never again. Now, I go WAAAAY overboard if I'm getting under vehicle.

These jackstands in post seem like a good deal, but I would use them in conjunction with other measures, not by themselves.

EDIT: For ramps, I toss them every 5 years. Just peace of mind for me. I'm talking about non metal ones of course.

Link to jack accessory (the red thing) please!

Just showed up in my facebook feed tonight

You could easily make a non-adjustable version of that from a piece of square tubing with a couple of notches ground into both ends.

Back