Husky 3 Ton Hybrid Aluminum Steel Floor Jack

Very good price at Home Depot on a very capable jack. HD lowered the price from a former sale price of $159 to $129. Regular Price= $199.

Have only used it once, but have been using its nearly identical twin, the Arcan 3 Ton Hybrid, for a couple weeks now. The only physical/functional difference i can see between the Husky and the Arcan is that the Arcan has a 4.5” lift pad vs. Husky’s 4.25” pad, and the foam coating on the pump handle is slightly thicker on the Arcan. Otherwise they are identical constuction.

This is not as light as an all-aluminum jack, but not crazy heavy like an all steel jack. Nice blend of solid construction at reasonable weight.

1AB032CA-0298-47D2-A5AB-765FCB23F4C0.jpeg

Anyone here looking at jacks should take a hard look at the Daytona 3 Ton Long-Reach Low-Profile floor jack. Long and low to get under the crossmember of a car and the long reach makes the arm longer to lift the vehicle higher and works good for for trucks with the 24.25 lifting height. Its the best thing I ever bought at HF. One of the highest rated items on their site at 4.9/5 99% recommendation.

Bought this low profile Jack from HF to fit under my wife’s Solstice. Used it yesterday to change the oil in my old 5,500 lb Avalanche. IIRC $150 and works great.

Attachments

• IMG_1376.jpeg
    IMG_1376.jpeg
    104.7 KB · Views: 48
I'm getting tired of lumbering (dragging) my big steal jack around. It's be great for 15 years but It may be time to upgrade & the lightweight aluminum is appealing.

I'm getting tired of lumbering (dragging) my big steal jack around. It's be great for 15 years but It may be time to upgrade & the lightweight aluminum is appealing.
Ya, I know what you mean. Below is a “Jack” family photo. The big orange Allied jack in the middle is super heavy. Not fun to move around. Don’t use it much.

I predict the Husky and Arcan Steel/Aluminum jacks will be the favorites. They operate very smoothly. The only issue with those is that the handle end is not very low profile so it doesn’t fit under the front of the lowered V70R nicely (but nothing a small piece of 2-by lumber under the tire won’t fix). Works well on all the other cars. The large Blue/silver jacks are CrewLine 2 ton jacks. Nice and light, but getting long in tooth. Small blue/silver are your typical HFT Pittsburghs back when you could buy them for around $50. And the red/silver are HyperTough (Walmarts). All in all, if you are price sensitive and want lighter weight, the steel/aluminum is the way to go.

918DCD10-747D-453A-B25F-52188EB35304.jpeg

Ya, I know what you mean. Below is a “Jack” family photo. The big orange Allied jack in the middle is super heavy. Not fun to move around. Don’t use it much.

I predict the Husky and Arcan Steel/Aluminum jacks will be the favorites. They operate very smoothly. The only issue with those is that the handle end is not very low profile so it doesn’t fit under the front of the lowered V70R nicely (but nothing a small piece of 2-by lumber under the tire won’t fix). Works well on all the other cars. The large Blue/silver jacks are CrewLine 2 ton jacks. Nice and light, but getting long in tooth. Small blue/silver are your typical HFT Pittsburghs back when you could buy them for around $50. And the red/silver are HyperTough (Walmarts). All in all, if you are price sensitive and want lighter weight, the steel/aluminum is the way to go.
That is quite the family photo. Are the steel/Al just a mix of both materials like some parts of the jack are steel while others are al? The one I have is a "low profile" 3.5 ton so this 3 ton would be nice price wise but now that I look at it harder I noticed it's not a low profile. I probably don't need a low pro but it's one of those things that I'd rather not run into any issues. Heck, I could just get this one & keep the low profile I have too. That would solve that issue.

This hybrid isn't that light. However it's much better than 100% steel so a step in the right direction. And way more affordable than 100% aluminum.

As with everything, it's a compromise

View attachment 194704
I have 5 and thought that was excessive 😷

Anyone here looking at jacks should take a hard look at the Daytona 3 Ton Long-Reach Low-Profile floor jack. Long and low to get under the crossmember of a car and the long reach makes the arm longer to lift the vehicle higher and works good for for trucks with the 24.25 lifting height. Its the best thing I ever bought at HF. One of the highest rated items on their site at 4.9/5 99% recommendation.
I second this…..one of the better floor jacks that I have ever owned!

I have 5 and thought that was excessive 😷
Never excessive! Actually one of the old CrewLine all-aluminum jacks was leaking down, so i decided to service it and replace the fluid/bleed it. Long story short, i opened the wrong port while having the lift arm in the wrong position, and probably a few other things wrong.…ended up having a geyser of hydraulic fluid when the lift arm dropped. No matter what i tried, couldn’t get the jack to work properly thereafter, thus started looking at new ones. Happy with how smoothly the new ones operate and the solid structure. Very confidence inspiring.

Having several jacks on hand was great for replacing the rear subframe on the Honda Odyssey. Plus they come in handy for other lifting tasks around the yard.

Reactions: 4WD
If you want the best for car and light truck, it's the AC Hydraulic DK20HLQ. They're WAY under-rated at 2T (I've lifted far more) and 31.5" max height.

Once again it's a compromise of price vs quality, and the AC will set you back at least a grand these days after shipping (pretty much has to go freight). OTOH it's a jack your great grandchildren will still be using...assuming we can start teaching kids to work with their hands and get dirty again.

And there's absolutely nothing "portable" about it -- you stick it on a concrete floor once and roll it around, but that's it. :)

Link please, too many choices at HF website

will be buying this the next time there is a % sale.

Arcan Blackline - Northern Tools I have this, works perfectly, but squeaks when loaded, I sprayed some white lithium grease to no avail - the only reason I would like to upgrade is the additional 3" lifting height, even with wooden block, I can use all the lifting height I can get.

Arcan Blackline - Northern Tools I have this, works perfectly, but squeaks when loaded, I sprayed some white lithium grease to no avail - the only reason I would like to upgrade is the additional 3" lifting height, even with wooden block, I can use all the lifting height I can get.
The Arcan ‐‐ I believe -- can also be found as the Sunex 66035SJ

edit: link doesn't work but you can search 66035SJ. Summit has it too

I've got the 6602LP which is only a 2T but goes to 24". IIRC it also squeaks when loaded. It's done all I've asked of it, even on fullsize trucks, but does take a lot of weight on the handle being a 2T

Saint Todd reviewed jacks last year. The Harbor Freight Pittsburg and Husky appear to be the same Jack.

Last edited:

And that sale is today n tomorrow

$179.99 for the jack you linked at HFS.

Yay

Back