2024 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4WD

Wow....30mpg....it would be really interesting to know your mpg as your miles build up.
Keep us updated if you will

Now today my 20 mile trip back home consisted of several WOT passes so it definitely decreased. Dash said 23.5. Still not hateful compared to my 3rd gens.

I think the 30mpg was a fluke. I was super easy on the throttle and never had to get into it on any of the hills. Who knows...

I’m a big fan of turbos in trucks. The low end rpm in the ecoboost 2.7 is usable and though softly, it whistles up hills and in moderate acceleration. Once warmed up, the shift tuning keeps all the activity under 2k rpm. It’s the closest to a diesel that I’ve driven, and I like it. I think the turbo 4 in the taco, if it gets similar treatment, should rock awesome.

Now today my 20 mile trip back home consisted of several WOT passes so it definitely decreased. Dash said 23.5. Still not hateful compared to my 3rd gens.

I think the 30mpg was a fluke. I was super easy on the throttle and never had to get into it on any of the hills. Who knows...
Probably a fluke, possibly tailwinds and perfect conditions. But still, mighty impressive. And your 23.5 with several WOT passes is respectable too. I'm thinking Toyota hit this one out of the park but time will tell.

Hmmm...

54b05gb.jpg

giphy.gif

Guess I did it again? 🤷‍♂️

Back