2022 Toyota Tacoma SR5, V6

I’ve been looking into Ridgelines lately for a family member. Pretty darn good bargain for what you get. Seems the price actually drops like a used car should. Rear seats flip up too.
My 89 year old dairy farmer neighbor down the road has one and absolutely loves it. The ol Geezer can afford anything he wants and picked that of all things. Not a fan of the looks, but it’s hard to argue with how practical it is for him.

Supposedly at least the first gens had some composite body panels. (No idea on the current body?) An old boss worked at the place here in town that made them along with parts for the raptor, corvette, and now the Bronco.

So is there no manual mode on the 6at tacos? On my old Mitsubishi (5 speed auto) you can push the shifter to one side and it'll even let you start out in 2nd gear and bounce it off the rev limiter. Going uphill I'll just lock it in 4th and mash the throttle past where it normally downshifts, or I'll lock it in 3rd so it doesn't have to downshift to scoot. In drive It stays in 5th on the flats until like 100mph (then you've pushed the pedal too far) and the transmission learns what rpm you want it to shift at instead of always trying to lug it. So I think the Toyota just needs a transmission tune or something.

Back