2021 escape se transmission

We do that BG thing here for transmissions and it is just a pain in the rear. They made it unnecessarily complicated with 4 different part numbers of trans fluid. But someone, not in parts, is getting a kickback somewhere. I just have to babysit it and deal with it. So far we have had 2 vehicles brought in on a hook after servicing because the service writer picked the wrong labor op. Everyone is on notice that if I have to double check their BG snake oil part numbers, I am handing out genuine Motorcraft or Mazda ATF.

My favorite VW dealership pushes the BG oil additive. The VW manual says an oil additive can void your warranty. 🤷‍♂️. Somebody is making a buck somewhere and it ain’t VW.

Thanks guys. I did have the BG trans flush done at 40,000 and 80,000 also ptu,rear diff changed. Was in dealer once and they gave me the "its normal crap" then reset the adaptive learning tables. Did nothing. Now its worse bangs on downshifting and makes a screeching when coasting. I think trans is shot. Time for another appt!
The bg warranty should cover a massive amount of costs . Speak with the service manager

Well guys....update.....transmission completely gave out.....thank god only 2 miles from home....orange wrench came on and car wouldn't move. Long story short...ford wont do squat and a new transmission with unlimited mileage warranty $6800.......I have no choice but to do it....will keep u all posted.

...ford wont do squat
Why would they on a vehicle used for courier work and at 121,000 miles? Or any other 121K mile vehicle?

And thanks for keeping us updated! I know I'd like to know what options are offered and which one you eventually end up choosing.

I'm also curious since you mentioned a dash light if there are codes now (preferably check with Forscan).

Well guys ford put in a new transmission....they covered half of it......got it back now it is shuddering at low speeds and everytime i coast down a hill on the freeway....im so upset over this whole thing....going back in...

Unfortunately I think you've got a better chance in winning the lottery than having a Ford dealer comp you anything towards this repair given the miles and usage.

We do that BG thing here for transmissions and it is just a pain in the rear. They made it unnecessarily complicated with 4 different part numbers of trans fluid. But someone, not in parts, is getting a kickback somewhere. I just have to babysit it and deal with it. So far we have had 2 vehicles brought in on a hook after servicing because the service writer picked the wrong labor op. Everyone is on notice that if I have to double check their BG snake oil part numbers, I am handing out genuine Motorcraft or Mazda ATF.

Do they even use BG fluids for the ULV cars?

BG has a ULV snake oil. FWIW they made it all so unnecessarily complicated that as much as I hate billing it out, the techs won't upsell it unless they absolutely have to.
I tried to get the ATF drained and filled at 10,000 miles in our then new 2017 Explorer. Three Ford dealers would only do a BG Flush for well over $200, right, on a new vehicle! I bought a 12 quart case of Mercon LV from Rock Auto for less than $60 delivered, and did them myself and continue to. It's easier to do than the engine oil and filter change. I do it with a cold transmission, the amount that drained out went back in. It's been running fine doing it that way every ~20-25,000 miles. The first two 10,000 mile changes produced really nasty looking ATF. After that it's gotten much better looking, even at ~25,000 miles intervals. Thank goodness for the easy drain and fill without a drain pan drop.

Back