2021 ford escape new transmission shudders

My 2021 ford escape has 130,000 miles. I use it for work...long story short transmission went out had dealer install new ford unit for $7,000....unreal!! Pick it up a week later and it shudders....take it back....pick it up 2nd time....shudders downhill on the freeway now. I absolutely can not stand this car and do not know what to do. Going in tomorrow AGAIN. All they do is keep resetting the adaptive learning shifting. I swear if I hear that one more time...it shifts fine but that shudder is just annoying. Why is it doing this guys? Thank you for letting me rant. I am so upset.

Was the replacement under warranty? If so, they ought to go good for it. I would call Ford customer service and tell them about the issue also as you stated it was a Ford transmission. I’m really starting to wonder about the quality of people building and engineering this stuff! I don’t expect anything to last forever, but I do expect better than we have been getting.

It would appear resetting the adaptive learning is not correcting the issue. If dealer is unwilling to make it right get corporate involved or visit another dealer.

It would appear resetting the adaptive learning is not correcting the issue. If dealer is unwilling to make it right get corporate involved or visit another dealer.
Car is long out of warranty, corporate doesn’t get too involved on customer pay repairs.

Update guys.....Well after chewing everyone in sight out at the dealer, they have agreed to remove and install another new transmission. Must have got a bad one. Was noisy and shuddered like ccrazy. I pray this one will be right. Cant believe how many problems ive had at 130,000. All highway miles.

Update guys.....Well after chewing everyone in sight out at the dealer, they have agreed to remove and install another new transmission. Must have got a bad one. Was noisy and shuddered like ccrazy. I pray this one will be right. Cant believe how many problems ive had at 130,000. All highway miles.
Did the original repair receipt have a new radiator or transmission cooler on it?

No new cooler or Rad. Says they use a special machine to flush out the cooler and all that before new one is installed?!

I can. That generation of Escape is HARDLY known for being reliable, as you've obviously seen.

Back