Staten Island is beside itself
19.gif

Needs the largest optional wheels, on a 4 banger SV with illegal 20% tints

Add poorly installed subs to complete the starter pack

Our car has arrived...

/s

I do like the optional AWD

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
The large mean looking front grille seems to be a common design cue these days. I can't say I love it, but at this point I think I have gotten used to seeing them on cars.

Yeah I noticed here lately every car maker is going for the catfish look.

Originally Posted By: KGMtech
CVT fears are overblown. That Honda, Toyota, Subaru are all joining Nissan is solid evidence that the product is reliable and saves fuel.

Since when are Nissans famous for reliable CVT's????

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
Originally Posted By: KGMtech
CVT fears are overblown. That Honda, Toyota, Subaru are all joining Nissan is solid evidence that the product is reliable and saves fuel.

Since when are Nissans famous for reliable CVT's????

Since a few years ago. Starting in 2016 their cvt has done very well with far less issues.

So 2 year old cars have CVT transmissions that haven't been failing yet? Is that some kind of accomplishment in your mind? I can't imagine having that kind of optimism.

Originally Posted By: caprice_2nv
So 2 year old cars have CVT transmissions that haven't been failing yet? Is that some kind of accomplishment in your mind? I can't imagine having that kind of optimism.

CVTs were junk untill Toyota and Honda started using them. Now it's all good
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: KrisZ

CVTs were junk untill Toyota and Honda started using them. Now it's all good
lol.gif

The Honda ones rubberbanded like crazy. I wasn't a fan of them in the Civic Hybrid and Insight.

Reliability has to start from some point. Granted the earlier cvt’s were having loads of problems. As you may remember, Carlos Ghosn the head of Renault Nissan made a well publicized trip to Jatco and gave them the ultimatum to fix the problems or else. Starting in 2016 or thereabouts the reliability has been greatly improved.

The problems I've seen and heard of on Nissan CVTs with over 60k on them. Most 2016s don't have close to that yet so I don't see how anything can be concluded for another couple years.

I meant to say the ones I've seen had over 60k on them. I'm not saying they don't fail sooner or some not fail to all. I just know I've heard they're failure prone and the ones I saw took a few years for problems to surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back