2019 Honda CR-V 1.5T, Mobil 1 EP 0W20, 5,104 miles

Time in use: 7 months
Oil Filter: Genuine Honda

Driving Conditions: lots of short trips
Maintenance Minder was at 30% remaining

crv.jpg

I have never seen one with an oil level increase. However, I am noticing that as they age, they do drink some oil.
Ours is a 2018 with just a few thousand more miles than this one. Up until this last oil change, I noticed dipstick level climbing pretty consistently when I checked. I started using 91 octane at last oil change and so far, no dipstick climbing. It's been 3400 miles so far in this interval. Changing in October at ~5000 miles and really looking forward to seeing what fuel level will be at. Going to test at Oil Analyzers.

Sucks to see the liqui moly germany website recommend x30 oils for this engine (selected a 2017 european civic with the same 1.5T):

The 12.4k miles recommended interval seems wild considering this UOA is less than half of that.

Screen Shot 2023-06-21 at 7.53.13 AM.png

but if we change the region to United States and select the CR-V:
Screen Shot 2023-06-21 at 7.54.35 AM.png

Engines can run on different viscosities. No issue here as wear was nominal. You could jump to a 30 grade, but I'd opt for a 10w30 most likely due to less VII if you want to get very particular about it. But I don't see the need to. More importantly, I'd want an oil to keep the engine clean with a good additive system.

The more I read about the 1.5T, the less I like it.

Last edited:
I started using 91 octane at last oil change and so far, no dipstick climbing. Changing in October at ~5000 miles and really looking forward to seeing what fuel level will be at. Going to test at Oil Analyzers.

The 12.4k miles recommended interval seems wild considering this UOA is less than half of that.

Very curious to see your upcoming UOA himemsys.

I'm not sure if 91 octane (95RON) is standard in Germany or if many stations have 87 available. If 91 is mostly used, it would be interesting to see if that's one of the reasons they recommend a longer interval.

esso_IMG_1592.jpeg
Screen Shot 2023-06-21 at 8.08.49 AM.jpg

Back