2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: klt1986
Really like that color. That truck will last you a long time!

It is a similar color to the 2010fj cruiser trail teams edition I had.
I have really grown fond of flat notnmetallic colors over time. The sand color is really low maintenance. It doesn’t show irregularities, dings or scratches. That increases utility and reduces stress of ownership.

Originally Posted By: dblshock
Some people have difficulty focusing.. you take your Toyota monies to a Toyota dealer for a nice car/truck that's engineered correctly...good work!

Yes it fits the purpose. Most of my previous ones have been purely for recreational and personal use with business transportati9n provided to me. This is the choice I came to when I had to put one to work.

What grade oil are you thinking to replace FF?..lot of tough miles your planning on.

Outstanding Question!
Like the 4Runner I will be looking at quality a3 rated oils. Mobil1 0w40, m1 10w30 hm Castrol 0w40 and 0w30all make that list. Would also look at sn rated hdeo s with around a 3.5 HTHS. I will run periods of 0w20 from the provided Toyota maintenance services, it’s fresh oil, but those intervals will be shorter than the intervals with the a3 oils. Which once the provided services are over, will be used exclusively.

Last edited:
couple dealer OCI's is chump change or worse once you factor the trip and waiting there with the mothers/infants, your neck of the world you could make a plausible argument for 0W-15W, high Ca won't be a problem, for a fresh Toyota after 200k it's all about common sense, fuel, fluids and filters.

I'd be right on the TC-W3 after a 1k break in now too, but that's just me...

I would think a good xW30 would run just fine in that six cylinder. I would wonder if a 40 would be too much for the VVT system?

I had a ‘96 Tacoma with the 2.7 four banger. I used 5w30 and that was one great pickup.

couple dealer OCI's is chump change or worse once you factor the trip and waiting there with the mothers/infants, your neck of the world you could make a plausible argument for 0W-15W, high Ca won't be a problem, for a fresh Toyota after 200k it's all about common sense, fuel, fluids and filters.

I'd be right on the TC-W3 after a 1k break in now too, but that's just me...

I am hesitant about that. I run ethanol free gasoline whenever possible and get excellent economy results from it. if I move somewhere where it is not available I will look into that. My dealer has free popcorn, icecream and sodas/coffee and wi fi. Oil changes are a mini vacation.

Last edited:
like I said it's just me. that pic is from my '07 Honda Rubicon 500 last year that's seen nothing but TC-W3 fuel, remarkable like a thin clear film of vaseline everywhere inside.

What is the dosing recommendation? 1oz per 5gallon? I used to use Lube control and fuel control, then mmo in the fuel but stopped when I found th good gas,pump with the yellow hose (that’s how thy mark ethanol free pumps here. )

Last edited:
yes, 1 oz to 5 gal or 640:1 and yes that's on E091..get on it early..i did with the Civic

on the other hand...here's a '97 T100 275k been here in the cold and salt from day 1..really doesn't burn any oil and been on dino 5/30 but I soldier on with all that's known...

It just occurred to me that the modified atkinson cycle is similar to cylinder deactivation. It effectively reduces displacement or effective power density when it is appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back