2018 Toyota Corolla Oil Change Interval?

Sounds like Mom is driving around 3k per year and lives in a stable, mild climate. Her worst enemy, if the vehicle is not garage-kept, would be the nearby ocean and it's salt content.

I would change it every two years (or 6k), whichever comes first.

Yearly OCI's would be the safe bet but I would have zero problems going two years for that particular situation you described.

With the short trips, and infrequent use I’d change it every 5,000 miles. And I personally wouldn’t let it go past a year if she can’t get it to 5,000 miles in that time. I just don’t like oil sitting in a sump for that long when it’s not being driven...with moisture, etc.

Now if she was driving 500 highway miles a week??? I’d probably say 10,000 mile intervals on that thing. Someone just posted a photo of a 2018 Corolla with 500,000 plus miles on it (average of over 200 miles a day for five years)...and posted the service history...10,000 mile intervals religiously. Not one single engine repair or issue. The transmission was replaced at 330,000 miles however (CVT).

Hope these help . 11th generation from '14 > '19 . Like that GREEN ( saves 💲) . Many good videos at the site . Includes other services for the COROLLA and other vehicles .

Video below he's using KIRKLAND 0w-20 . Around 170,000 miles on engine .

1st U.O.A. of MOBIL 1 A.F.E. 0w-20 .

2nd U.O.A. of KIRKLAND 0w-20 .

Part 3 .

Last edited:
Back