What oil do I need for my Citroen C1 2018?

Hello,

I'm pretty lost as to which oil I need for my Citroen C1 2018, with 1KR-FE engine (68HP)

First, I contacted the Citroen importer in my country and they sent me their maintenance information which showed 5W30 with standard B71 2297.

The, I found the twin car Service book - The Toyota Aygo, which is also the manufacturer of the engine, and in their book they say to use 0W20 with API SL, SM or SN (or above).

Now it's the same engine as the Toyota Aygo, and the B71 2297 is only a PSA standard, so Toyota couldn't have possibly be using that, or currently using that for their Toyota Aygo.

Also, the B71 2297 where I live cost double the price of anything else basically (~$80 vs ~$40 per 5 liters)

I am totally lost as to which oil I should use, please help.

Thanks

Honestly, those engines are totally non-fussy and totally bullet proof.

My Brother-In-Laws partner has one and I've been putting Castrol GTX Ultraclean 10w40 in it for years.

They're port injected and chain driven and just go on and on and on.

If I was in the US I'd probably just go pick up M1 0w40 and run that.

Hello,

I'm pretty lost as to which oil I need for my Citroen C1 2018, with 1KR-FE engine (68HP)

First, I contacted the Citroen importer in my country and they sent me their maintenance information which showed 5W30 with standard B71 2297.

The, I found the twin car Service book - The Toyota Aygo, which is also the manufacturer of the engine, and in their book they say to use 0W20 with API SL, SM or SN (or above).

Now it's the same engine as the Toyota Aygo, and the B71 2297 is only a PSA standard, so Toyota couldn't have possibly be using that, or currently using that for their Toyota Aygo.

Also, the B71 2297 where I live cost double the price of anything else basically (~$80 vs ~$40 per 5 liters)

Thanks
Which country are you at?

Honestly, those engines are totally non-fussy and totally bullet proof.

My Brother-In-Laws partner has one and I've been putting Castrol GTX Ultraclean 10w40 in it for years.

They're port injected and chain driven and just go on and on and on.

If I was in the US I'd probably just go pick up M1 0w40 and run that.

Which country are you at?
Israel,

What about Motul 8100 eco-lite: https://www.motul.com/ru/en/products/8100-eco-lite-5w30

It's API SP, does it mean it is backwards compatible with recommended API SL, SM or SN as recommended by the Toyota manual? (Although not SPA B71 2297)

Those little toyota engines run great on anything. Get whatever 0/5w-30 grade you have locally available. I wouldn't bother spending that much more for a silly citroen spec or spending extra on X brand.

Hello,

Thanks

We ran them on Total Quartz 9000 5-40 back when we first sold them (peugeot 107).

Run any synthetic you like, for any reasonable interval

Cool looking car bro! I think you could safely use whatever is stated in the manual. Those Toyota engines are used all over the place. If it’s quite hot where you live in Israel it might not hurt to run an oil that’s a little heavier.

Back